This 1-Minute Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Mug Cake is low carb, grain free and gluten free!
When a crazy craving hits and you just really need a dessert that won’t make you feel guilty for indulging or cause a spike in your blood sugar, this cake should be on your To-Make list!
One of the best ways I know of and that I have used often to curb a craving is peanut butter!
Peanut butter is a healthy fat that makes you feel truly satiated. It’s one of the best things to quench a craving fast without causing you to crave more.
If you’ve ever had a snack and felt unsatisfied and then went to have something else, never feeling that satiation, you continue to seek it, right? And then you realize you’ve devoured a bunch of snacks, way more than you expected and none were ever really satisfying. It’s a hard lesson to learn and it’s not fun, I’ve been there.
Trying a spoonful or two of peanut butter or even better try this cake and in minutes you won’t be feeling the need to be peeking in the cupboard or fridge for anything else.
Obviously desserts like this, while healthy, aren’t meant to be a nightly treat, but an occasional indulgence without the guilt.
- You can bake this in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Nutrition info does not include optional toppings.
- You can replace the unsweetened almond milk with coconut milk if desired but this will increase the calorie amount.
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 233
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Sodium: 231mg
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Protein: 12.4g
- Cholesterol: 180mg
- 1 tbsp peanut butter, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or toffee flavored liquid stevia
- 1 tbsp unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla liquid stevia
- Microwave the peanut butter for 30 seconds to soften, in a greased ramekin or mug you plan to use.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Microwave for 1 minute then check the center of the cake with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, let cool slightly and enjoy. If it's still slightly wet on the toothpick, microwave for another 30 seconds.
- To make topping simply add to a stand mixer and blend on high until desired texture or use a hand mixer to whip.
- Slice cake in half if desired as I have done in the pictures, add topping if desired and layer one half of the cake on top of the other. Add the rest of the topping if desired.
Nutrition info does not include optional topping.