Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Zucchini Boats are the perfect low carb option when craving a cheeseburger!
This low carb dinner can be on the table in 30 minutes!
I love easy meals that taste like I’m cheating on my low carb diet but are farthest from the truth!
This meal is my newest favorite!
When you’re craving a cheeseburger and have no time to make any low carb buns, this is the best way to curb that craving and get some dinner on the table fast!
Zucchini’s will soon be in season and with it comes the constant influx of recipes using this awesome vegetable.
This is just one of those recipes for zucchini you should keep on hand for when time is tight or you just need a new idea with the abundance of zucchini you might be getting in your garden.
Before I get all kinds of comments on the fat content, No, it’s not meant to be low fat.
This recipe is meant to taste everything like a cheeseburger.
If you want to change this up to lower the fact, skip the bacon, change out the beef for ground turkey, use less cheese, plenty of ideas to lower the fat if you so desire.
I’m sure you must be wondering whether my kids will eat zucchini like this.
Nope. Not a chance.
So I knew that they wouldn’t, made this especially for hubby and I, made extra filling so the kids to enjoy it like tacos. All was good!
Here’s a Short Video I made to show you the easy steps to make this quick meal!
It everything you love about a bacon cheeseburger without a bun.
Enough said. 🙂
*****If you want to make this for your family, but you know the kids won’t like the zucchini or you feel like having a bun with this, double the filling ingredients here and use my Low Carb Cheddar Bun recipe!
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 467
- Fat: 29.1g
- Saturated fat: 11.8g
- Carbohydrates: 8.3g
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Sodium: 841mg
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 41.4g
- Cholesterol: 131mg
- 5 ounces uncured, nitrate free bacon
- 2 zucchini, about 1.5 pounds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp no sugar added ketchup
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until crisp and set aside on a plate lined with paper towels. Chop into piece once cooled.
- Slice each zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the inside seeds, leaving about 1/4 inch from the sides. Place this removed insides of zucchini in a bowl and set aside.
- Rub the oil around the inside of each halved zucchini and place on a baking sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the zucchini is baking you can make the filling.
- Remove some of the bacon grease from the skillet, leaving about a tablespoon or so in the pan.
- Cook the onion until softened then add the ground beef and insides of zucchini you had scooped out.
- Cook beef until browned then add seasonings, tomato paste, mustard and ketchup.
- Stir to combine the stir in 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Allow it to melt, turn off the heat and return half the bacon into the mixture.
- Once zucchini is cooked, remove from the oven and fill each half with the filling.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese and bacon.
- Broil for 2 minutes to melt the cheese on top.