Eating chicken can get real boring real fast, since most of us eat chicken a whole lot!
It’s less expensive than beef and fish and very versatile.
Eating beef burgers can get real fattening real fast but sometimes you need a juicy burger. Now don’t get me wrong here, I still like beef, but to lose some fat, ground chicken is a great option.
With yummy seasonings you can take plain old chicken and create delicious burgers!
Finding good whole grain bread can be challenging. These beautiful loaf is from Whole Foods market. I chose to make my burger more into a panini since I couldn’t find any good buns that I liked.
So chicken patty panini is what these became!
Although I was tested as NOT having a wheat allergy my digestive issues have disappeared since being wheat free since the new year. I’m sticking with it, but have occasionally eaten wheat like this bread without any problems. So for me, my body can handle a little wheat maybe once a month but not daily.
When I make this recipe again I will flatten the burgers more if making a panini like the picture you see above. It was quite thick! BUT it was amazing!!! I sauteed some onions and mushrooms, added fresh spinach and topped it with an ounce or two of fontina cheese!
Best healthy burger ever!
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl until well blended.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Grill on medium heat for about 12 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Or Bake in the oven at 400 degrees on a wire rack on a baking pan for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Enjoy with toppings!