These easy, low carb quesadillas are made with cauliflower and no one will know! Topped and filled with all the makings of a Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato sandwich but gluten free and low carb!
Crisp lettuce, juicy tomatoes on top of a cheesy bacon filled quesadilla makes for one delicious meal! Once I made my Cauliflower Tortilla recipe I envisioned many more recipes using them and this is a winner with my picky family!
These easy Cauliflower Tortillas don’t require a lot of work since everything gets prepared in your food processor then flattened as tortillas and baked. You can pre- make these or make them just for this recipe. The whole meal can be made in under 30 minutes!
You could even leave them open faced like this and call them a personal pizza!
But topping them with another tortilla turns them into an one of the best low carb quesadillas you’ve ever had!
You can really fill them with anything you like!
Maybe quite a simple meal but for busy moms like me, with 3 picky kids and one picky hubby, this makes us all pretty happy!
The recipe for the Cauliflower Tortillas is linked below as the first ingredient. If you make them ahead just store them in the fridge until you’re ready to make quesadillas.
Nutrition info below includes lettuce and tomato but not any optional toppings.
You might also want to make two batches of the tortillas so you can make this comforting Mexican Lasagna!
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 237
- Fat: 15.3g
- Saturated fat: 8.9g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4g
- Sugar: 2.4g
- Sodium: 712mg
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 18.7g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- 8 cauliflower tortillas
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- optional toppings: avocado, sour cream, olives
- If you've just prepared the cauliflower tortillas, allow them to cool slightly before adding fillings.
- Cook bacon until crisp and lay them on paper towels to absorb grease. Set aside.
- Place 4 tortillas on a parchment lined baking pan. Set aside remaining 4.
- Sprinkle 1 ounce of cheese onto each tortilla.
- Chop 1 bacon strip into pieces and sprinkle onto cheese of each tortilla.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and lay another tortilla over each one on baking pan and press them together.
- Lay quesadillas between paper towels to absorb any grease.
- Top with chopped lettuce and tomato and any optional toppings.
- Best if eaten immediately.