This recipe for Buffalo Ranch Chicken Salad in Lettuce Wraps is a great way to please anyone whether they are looking to eat low carb or not!
My hubby has been faithfully, with just maybe a few cheats, learning to eat lower carb. He’s not perfect, but who is and as long as I’ve got some delicious recipes for him waiting to be eaten, he has embraced this life style without too much complaint.
This recipe was created because I had cooked some chicken and of course had left over chicken breasts that no one wanted to eat. They all like the dark meat, in fact, they fight over it!
I also had some left over cabbage leaves. I had planned to boil the leaves and stuff them as cabbage rolls, but I was feeling lazy. I didn’t want either to go to waist and hubby works from home most days and needed lunch. Boom, recipe created!
It’s such a simple recipe and you can really make it as spicy as you like.
In my opinion it’s just enough spice as me and my boys were able to eat it without our noses running and screaming for a drink.
Of course hubby says it could be spicier. 😉
- I found the sugar-free hot sauce at my local Stop & Shop market. I’m sure you can also find some online.
- If you want to reduce the fat you could sub plain greek yogurt with the mayo.
- I used cabbage leaves in my pictures, although not for everyone, but we loved it!
- This would be an easy appetizer as well, serving them in scooped out cucumber slices.
Low Carb Buffalo Ranch Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- 3 cups skinless cooked chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup organic mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup organic Ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar-free buffalo wing sauce I used Archie Moore
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 butter lettuce leaves or cabbage leaves
Place the chicken in a food processor to shred it or shred by hand using two forks.
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients together except the lettuce leaves.
Taste and adjust seasoning and spice as you desire.
Place filling into the center of each lettuce leaf, wrap up and enjoy!