Cheesy Sweet Pepper Poppers are a perfect finger food dish for a party or football game watching!
Playing on the Jalapeno poppers idea and making a more kid friendly type recipe this creation was a score with my hubby and 2 out of 3 kiddies. The youngest too loved the cheesy stuffing and ate the peppers without any complaints. The oldest, picky teen, tried one bite and gave that face, you know it right? The face of, “I tried it cause you asked me but I won’t like it”. Yep. That face. Oh well, can’t win them all and the rest of the family said they were great!
My family loves finger foods, do yours? Mostly on the weekends we enjoy light dinners and more picky finger foods. Often the children would prefer Homemade chicken nuggets and homemade fries but since they are cheese lovers as I am, I hoped to would win them over with these and get them to eat some peppers!
The hubby and I will enjoy them again and I will certainly be making them for whenever we have guests over for a get together. The recipe makes about 30 halves so perfect for parties.
The only real work is slicing and cleaning the peppers. After that just combine the cheeses and stuff and bake!! Done and YUM!
- Serves: 30
- Serving size: 1 pepper
- Calories: 65
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 2.2g
- Sugar: .9g
- Sodium: 183mg
- Fiber: .5g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- 1 pound mini sweet peppers, halved
- 8 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together.
- Fill each pepper halve with cheese mixture.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly browned.