These Low Carb Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes are heavenly! You’d never notice they are made grain free, gluten free, sugar free and even low in calories!
It’s just the middle of September, but Pumpkin recipes have overtaken my Pinterest feed.
I’m not sure why I’ve waited so long to share a brand new pumpkin recipe, but here it is nonetheless. And this one is worth the wait.
Kind of like a pumpkin pie without the crust is what this beauty is.
Made easily because there is no crust and made in perfectly portioned sizes using a muffin tin.
Once cooked and chilled in the fridge you can top with with whatever you fancy.
I fancy my Sugar Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse as our frosting.
The topping that looks like brown sugar is actually a sugar free brown sugar substitute I was recently sent samples of to try called Sukrin Gold and it worked perfectly on top of these babies.
Honestly this time of dessert appeals to me more than a typical pumpkin pie with crust because it’s so much less work!
OH that first heavenly bite!!!
But knowing one has just 83 calories (without frosting) and 2.2 net carbs is mind blowing isn’t it?!!
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 83
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrates: 5.6g
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- 1-15 oz can pumpkin puree, not pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vanilla liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp organic stevia (please refer to link for the one I used)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pumpkin, eggs, extracts, liquid stevia dna heavy cream into a stnad mixer and blend until combined.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients in another bowl.
- With the mixer on low slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet in the mixer.
- Mix until fully incorporated.
- Use silcone cupcake liners or spray 12 capacity muffin pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin cup and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes then use a knife to loosen around edges.
- Keep in muffin pan and refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove from pan and frost as desired.
- Optional Topping over Frosting: Sugar Free Brown Sugar Substitute( I used Sukrin Gold)
Net Carbs: 2.2g