This recipe is a family favorite in our house!!! One loaf is never enough with 3 kids asking for seconds!!! I usually double this recipe to have left overs the next day. My family loves to make sandwiches with the cold meatloaf- who would’ve thought?!
This is a really simple recipe to make as well. I created this for my Prism Weight Loss pals who couldn’t have any breadcrumbs in typical meatloaf. They also needed to know calories so if you are counting calories I’ve included it for you.I always have these ingredients on hand in my pantry so its a quick meal. Add some rice or mashed potatoes with a veggie and “you’re the BEST” as my kids would say!
Hope you’ll give this a try and let me know how you like it.
- Servings: 8
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Fat: 18.8g
- Protein: 18.2 g
- Carbs: 7.2g
- Calories: 275
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 7 (Previous Method 7)
Meatloaf with Oats
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef, or use ground turkey
- 3/4 c. Quaker oats
- 2 egg whites beaten
- 3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 c. salsa or tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- Mix all together in a bowl.
- Place in a loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees fro 60 -75 min.
A perfect side to this dish would be Italian Potato Salad!