Mini Zucchini Pizza Bites are low carb, easy and a great way to get your family to eat zucchini!
Best way I know how to get my kids to try a new recipe is use cheese as a cover up. Gooey cheese over the top of most anything I’m trying to secretly include into my kiddies meals works most often then not. This time it’s disguised as mini pizza bites and they ate them up like there was no tomorrow even after they saw the “green” and knew it was zucchini!
This recipe was originally posted in August of 2015. It’s a great recipe and I wanted to bring it back to the forefront as well as provide a simple video to show how to make them.
I’ve made them a few times now to know that the “green” from the zucchini needs to be covered well over the top instead of as you can see above, showing it’s colors. They may know the zucchini is there but they prefer not to see it and that makes them happy so that’s what I make sure to do.
This idea for a pizza bite has been on my mind all summer because we have a garden and I want to use up my zucchini. I couldn’t wait for the garden to start producing zucchini for me. Thinking of new zucchini ideas is my quest each summer. I never want to waste a harvest.
Change up the toppings to whatever your heart desires but don’t leave out the cheese!
Whether you choose some pepperoni on them or not, these will be devoured in your house.
2 dozen doesn’t go very far with a family of 6.
I hope this summer you are eating your hearts content of zucchini recipes! The recipe video below shows these in regular sized muffin pan, but my kids and I prefer them in a mini muffin pan. Easier to hold and pick up!
For more Zucchini Recipes Check Out my Pinterest Zucchini Board!
This recipe has been adapted from my Mini Zucchini Cheese Bites.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 4
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 16.4g
- Saturated fat: 9.3g
- Carbohydrates: 3.8g
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sodium: 911mg
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 16.9g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Italian Seasonings
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup grated provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with natural olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the zucchini in a clean towel and squeeze as much liquid out as you can.
- In a bowl mix the zucchini, egg, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and provolone cheese. and cilantro.
- Evenly divide the mixture into the mini muffin pan, packed down in each cup.
- Evenly sprinkle mozzarella onto zucchini then top with mini pepperoni slices.
- Bake for 15- 18 minutes until golden brown around the edges. Mine were perfect at 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool about 10 minutes before removing. Use a knife to cut around edges to loosen from muffin pan. Enjoy warm or room temperature.