These luscious looking cheesy, garlicky green beans are baked not fried and full of flavor!
While I’ve been all about pumpkin recipes lately, I decided to veer away for a moment to bring you a healthy veggie side!
What does it take to get my kids to eat vegetables? CHEESE!
These wouldn’t be their typical choice for dinner, after all, they are children and would prefer french fries! But I had to try. I even told them they were a new kind of french fry!
They didn’t buy that, but they did all enjoy the green beans and my youngest even asked for seconds. So to me that’s winning!
I can’t tell you they crisp up like a french fry because obviously they are baked not fried, but they are finger food material and it works for us as a simple side for dinner. This recipe is adapted from my Oven Fried Parmesan Broccoli & Cauliflower florets which my kids love, even the cauliflower! I figure you can serve most any veggie with some cheese and it might win my kids over, maybe yours too!
Easy, simple, serving up a healthy veggie in minutes………my kind of side dish, hopefully yours too!
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 3 ounces
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrates: 4.3g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Sodium: 699mg
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 12 ounces fresh green beans
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk the oil, garlic, egg and salt together.
- Toss in the green beans and coat well.
- Sprinkle in Parmesan on the green beans and toss gently.
- Place evenly on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- To crisp, heat for a minute or two under broiler.