These Crispy Oven Fried Parmesan Broccoli & Cauliflower Florets are gluten free, low carb, keto and will actually get your kids to eat their veggies!
Broccoli and cauliflower tossed in Parmesan cheese and egg to get a crispy outer coating, but not fried in oil, BAKED to perfection. Super easy and oh so good! This recipe takes veggies to another level and may be just what is needed to get your kiddies to eat some!
If you’ve followed my blog long enough you know I like to disguise veggies for my kids to eat them. I’m especially sneaky with cauliflower, like in my Bacon Cheeseburger Cauli Casserole and in my Chicken Enchilada Cauli Casserole. But if I don’t disguise the veggies I can often get my kids to eat them when cheese is present as in this crispy recipe and in my Oven Fried Garlic Parmesan Green Beans!
Watching the food network cooking show with Giada and seeing her fry veggies up, I knew I wanted to try my hand at just baking them. And it was a complete success!
These came out divine and my kids loved them as well as the hubby who is a lover of fried food. I rarely ever cook fried food, so hubby doesn’t get it often, these will be a good compromise 😉
Yup they are a bit more indulgent then just serving up veggies, but sometimes a little change is needed every once in awhile. You don’t have to eat veggies like this every week as a staple in your house, but, why not? It sure beats plain and boring don’t you think?
Other recipes you might like:
- Oven Fried Zucchini Rounds
- Parmesan Kale Chips
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower with Tahini dip
- Roasted Carrot & Parsnip Fries
- Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
This recipe was first posted in March of 2013. Here’s a very awful picture below but I’m keeping it here to show how much I’ve improved my photography!
Here’s a quick video showing how easy this recipe really is!
Hope you enjoy these awesome veggies!
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories: 135
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 543mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the florets in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix together the oil, garlic, salt, and eggs. Toss with florets.
- Sprinkle Parmesan in with the florets and mix to coat.
- Lay on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until browned and vegetables are tender.