A Copycat version of Biscoff Cookies made sugar free, grain free, gluten free and low carb!
Apparently Biscoff cookies have been around since 1932. New news to me as I’ve never tried them! According to the Biscoff website, they’ve been a European treat enjoyed with coffee for a very long time and much loved by many. Fans adore the crunchy texture and caramelized taste. Biscoff Cookies are a type of shortcrust biscuit known as “speculoos,” a Belgian specialty, made with cinnamon and other spices that make them quite unique.
While I couldn’t get the exact ingredients online to compare, my version comes pretty close to what I think is the much loved flavor of these familiar beloved cookies.
You can make them any shape you want. You also don’t need to spread out the dough as I did in to make them using a cookie cutter. You could just roll into balls of dough then flatten and you’re done. Little effort and time and you’ve got a spectacular cookie on hand for any time guests arrive or for a special treat for your family.
Enjoy as is or spread some sugar free butter cream frosting between two cookies and make a delicious cookie sandwich!
Stay tuned this week because with these yummy cookies as the base, two more special recipes will be coming up that you won’t want to miss!
- If you don’t have Swerve sweetener you could try another erythritol or another sugar free granulated substitute of choice.
- I use sesame flour because my youngest child had a tree nut allergy. I think almond flour would work in place of sesame although I obviously can’t try that sub for my family. If you do try it please come back and let me know!
- The total carbs for one cookie are 2.26 grams each.
Sugar Free Grain Free Biscoff Cookies
- 2 cups sesame flour
- 1/2 cup Swerve sweetener
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspooncinnamon or vanilla liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Add all ingredients into a food processor or stand mixer.
Blend until thoroughly combined.
Transfer mixture to a parchment lined or silpat lined baking pan.
Press mixture with palm of hand or use a rolling pin to 1/4 inch thickness.
Use a small cookie cutter for perfectly shaped cookies.
Makes 4 1/2 dozen.
Bake 12 minutes or until golden around edges.
Cool then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Enjoy as is or spread with Sugar Free Vanilla Butter Cream frosting!