Who wouldn’t want to wake up to the delicious cinnamon-y smell of already cooked oatmeal waiting for you in your kitchen?
Although I really do love my original Overnight Crock Pot Apple Oatmeal recipe, I decided to make it a bit more basic and versatile for you to get creative on your own. I eliminated the apples, honey and raisins to make it less calories, fewer points and sugar free.
It is still just as creamy and delicious as the original, but now you can have the basic version and can add in your own toppings and sugar free sweetener as opposed to the baked apples,raisins and honey.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1/2cup
- Calories: 161
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8g
- 2 cups milk (I used 1%, soy or almond is fine too)
- 1 c. rolled oats work best, but quick oats can be used as well.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- sugar-free sweetener of choice (I use Sweetleaf Stevia, vanilla creme liquid drops)
- optional fruit toppings: raisins, strawberries, banana's
- Spray the inside of a small 4 quart crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients, except sweetener, into the crock pot and cook on low overnight. For best results no more than 8 hours on low
- In the morning, give it a good stir and add sweetener of choice and optional fruit toppings. Enjoy!