Low Sugar Salted Caramel Sauce
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup Swerve or erythritol
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon black strap molasses
- ½ cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Melt butter over medium heat in a sauce pan then stir in Swerve, maple syrup and molasses.
Whisk in cream and arrowroot and bring to a boil.
Simmer 3-4 minutes until thickened, turn off heat.
Stir in stevia and salt.
Cool, cover and refrigerate.
This will keep for 1 month in the fridge.
Makes 1-¼ cups.
Reheat by microwaving 20-30 seconds.
Serving: 2tablespoon | Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 0.1g | Fat: 11.6g | Saturated Fat: 5.8g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 300mg | Sugar: 1.7g