Keto Low Carb Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Servings 8 @ ½ cup
Place the butter, heavy cream, Swerve sweetener, allulose and salt in a small sauce pan. Heat over low heat do not boil.
Whisk egg yolks until light in color. Take a spoonful of the butter cream mixture and stir into the yolks to temper them. Continue with a few more spoonfuls then gradually add in the remaining yolk into the mixture on the stove.
Continue to stir over low heat until mixture thickens, and coats the back of a spoon, 175 degrees F. Pour into a bowl to cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Remove bowl from the fridge and stir in maple extract and sugar free maple syrup or sweetener of choice and MCT oil.
Once combined pour mixture into your ice cream machine. Follow manufacturer's instructions. Stir in pecans then spread ice cream into an 9 by 5 loaf pan and freeze for 2-3 hours for soft serve.
- If you don't have Swerve just use any sweetener of choice you prefer.
- Again if you don't have the Choczero sweetener that's fine too just use what you like, and add more maple extract, but I do highly recommend trying the Choczero sweetener.
- If you don't have MCT oil you can replace it with vodka. Both of these help to keep the soft texture after freezing.
- Allulose is another new favorite sweetener I've tried and also helps to keep the ice cream softer in texture.
- This recipe was first published in April of 2018 and updated with video in January 2020.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 59mg | Vitamin A: 1115IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 0.2mg