Low-Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice
If you love Mexican flavors then this Low-Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice will be right up your street.
Super simple and quick to make, you can serve this keto cauliflower rice with your favorite protein of choice or load into keto tacos or over low-carb nachos. It’s one recipe you will want to make time and time again.
Servings 6 @ 5 ounces
- 24 ounces cauliflower florets only (700g)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (or avocado oil, butter or ghee)
- 1 ounce red onion diced (30g)
- 2 ounces red bell pepper diced (60g)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3.5 ounces tomato (or 2-3 Roma tomatoes), chopped (100g)
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (for drizzling on top after cooking) (30ml)
- 2 tablespoon cilantro (or parsley) (to garnish) (8g)
- Optional: lime wedges to serve
Using the S blade in a food processor, blitz the cauliflower florets into rice. (Skip this step if using already riced cauliflower)
Heat the oil, butter or ghee in a non stick or cast iron frying pan.
Add the diced onion and peppers and fry for 2 - 3 minutes on a medium heat until soft and the onions are translucent. Add the garlic for 30 seconds.
Add the cauliflower rice and cook for a further 5 - 6 minutes until al dente. Add the tomato paste, tomatoes, seasoning and spices and sauté for about 1 more minute until combined.
Serve by drizzling 2 tablespoon olive oil and chopped fresh cilantro or parsley. Optional, serve with lime wedges.
Storage: Airtight Tupperware in the fridge for up to 3 days
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 275mg | Potassium: 459mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 573IU | Vitamin C: 71mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg