Italian Green Bean Salad
- 1 ½ pounds fresh green beans I used Italian from my garden
- 2 cups English cucumber with skin sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- ¼ cup fresh curly or flat leaf parsley chopped
- 2 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese chunks
- Italian Dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
In a large pot bring water to a boil, add green beans and blanch for 5 minutes.
Drain and place in an ice bath, a bowl filled with ice and water.
Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
Drain and place in serving bowl.
Add all other ingredients to the serving bowl.
Whisk the Italian dressing in a small bowl and our over the green bean salad.
Toss gently and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 69kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.1g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4.4g | Saturated Fat: 1.4g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 206mg | Fiber: 2.2g | Sugar: 1.7g