These easy delicious Sugar Free Coconut Macaroons are Dairy Free, Keto, Gluten Free, Low Carb and super easy to make!
If you're a fan of coconut, these little cookies will be right up your alley! Coconut macaroons are a delicious and light cookie made with only a few ingredients. The best part of course, they are sugar free! Adding a little melted unsweetened carob chips drizzled over the top makes these the perfect little non guilty pleasure!
Using an ice cream scoop will ensure the perfect little size for you cookies! Once completely cooled on a wire rack the cookies can be coated with melted, unsweetened carob chips orsugar free chocolate chips, like the brand Lily's. Place a baking pan underneath the rack to catch all the yummy drippings.
Macaroons versus Macarons
Macaroons (Mac-a ROON) and macarons (Mac-a- ROHN) are two very different types of cookies. A macaroon is a chewy coconut based, mounded type of cookie often dipped in chocolate, while a macaron has two almond based wafers that are filled with ganache or jam. I love both types of cookies, but haven't yet tackled a keto low carb version of a macaron. So this recipe is my low carb version of a Macaroon.
A macaroon is one of my dad’s favorite cookies. It’s more like a biscuit, a bit chewy, kind of delicate, and not too sweet and that’s how my dad likes them. You can certainly make them sweeter by adding more stevia or adding more of your favorite sweetener.
Enjoy with a drizzle of melted chocolate and toasted shredded coconut on top, or leave plain, that's just fine as well!
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb keto dinner meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Keto Coconut Macaroons
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the egg whites in a stand mixer with the cream of tartar and blend until frothy. Set aside.
- Place the coconut butter in a microwavable bowl and microwave 1 minute until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Add in the salt, stevia, vanilla extract, and shredded coconut into the stand mixer and blend until just combined. Pour in the melted coconut butter and blend again.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop batter and pat down into the scoop to pack it in well. Release these onto the sheet pan, spacing each macaroon about one inch apart from each other.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until lightly golden. Cool 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack. Once completely cooled, you can melt the chocolate chips and drizzle over each macaroon. Top with toasted coconut flakes if desired.