These Keto Omelette roll ups will be an upgrade to your basic egg recipes!
Fluffy Keto Omelette
If you're on a keto or low carb diet, eggs are one of the most nutrient dense foods you can enjoy for very minimal carbs. They are abundant in so many keto and low carb recipes, but some days you just might be not feeling the desire for eggs. That's why this keto omelette wrap recipe is so amazing! Gives you a change from the typical egg recipes.
This Fluffy Keto Omelette Roll Up is quick and easy and takes your basic egg recipe up a notch! The base of the recipe is your traditional omelette option and can be filled with whatever you like. Adding heavy cream creates a fluffier and satisfying omelette, in my opinion. It can also be made without cream for a dairy free, more traditional omelette option. You could also replace with coconut milk for a slightly sweeter coconut tasting omelette roll up if you prefer.
You can use so many different ingredients to make a wrap. My For Real Keto Tortilla recipe from my cookbook, Naturally Keto is a good one, but if you just don't feel like making a recipe for a wrap, try boiling some cabbage leaves and wrapping a burger with it or making a deli style roll up. Lettuce is always a quick and easy idea for burgers or sandwiches as well. My Cauliflower Tortillas are also great for tacos!
Meal Plan Membership
Our membership is simple. You can subscribe for a month to try it out or you can subscribe for a yearly membership. Each Friday you will get a meal plan that comes to your email. You'll have that early in order to go food shopping before the meal plan begins on Sunday. You will be able to view and print the meal plan and the shopping list. If you don't like a meal, simply delete it and swap it with another meal you like. The shopping list will automatically adjust. It's the best software available out there for a customizable menu plan. Not many other low carb or keto meal plans allow you the option to remove, add, start with a blank menu and create your own if you so wish. Learn More about our meal plans!
Keto Egg Recipes
Here are some other easy keto egg recipes;
- Slow Cooker Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- Ricotta Pancakes
- Cloud Bread French Toast
- Deviled Eggs
- Sausage Egg Cups
Keto Omelette Roll Ups
Keto Omelette Roll Ups
- 4 large eggs separated
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream (optional) optional (or coconut milk for a slightly sweeter option)
- ⅓ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper cracked, or to taste
- 2 teaspoon ghee for frying (or butter or avocado oil)
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese full fat
- ⅔ avocado sliced
- 3.5 ounces smoked salmon or 100 grams
Optional: lettuce, or micro greens
- In a bowl whisk together (using a fork or a balloon whisk) the egg yolks, optional cream, salt and pepper until combined.
- Add the egg whites to a clean mixing bowl and whisk using an electric whisk until stiff peaks form. Using a spatula gently fold the egg whites through the yolks.
- Melt 1 teaspoon of ghee (butter or avocado oil) in a 24cm non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add half the egg mixture and cook for about 2 minutes 15 seconds or until the bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook for a further 2 - 3 minutes until cooked on both sides.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly to let the omelette settle and make it easier to roll. Repeat to make the second Keto Omelette Roll Up using the remaining mix.
- Top each omelette roll up with cream cheese, avocado and smoked salmon, roll and slice in two. Option to slice into rounds if you prefer, like sushi!
- Storage: best fresh or consumed on the day of making.
Jo is the creative food photographer and stylist behind the healthy eating blog, Modern Food Stories. Jo's a testament that once you find the right approach for you, you can overcome chronic illness through the healing power of food. She believes the secret to radiant health starts and ends with a healthy gut so all her recipes are grain, gluten and refined sugar free. Many are also dairy-free.