This Decadent Snickerdoodle Flavored Hot Chocolate is Low Carb and no one, not even your kids will notice it's made without added sugar!
The flavors of Snickerdoodle cookies are a combination of cinnamon and sugar of course. Making that flavor without adding sugar for a delicious Hot Chocolate your family will love is not at all hard and requires just a few wonderful products. Just 7 ingredients if you don't count optional whipped cream. Satisfying that sweet tooth without sugar, just got a whole lot easier with this fabulous recipe!
You can make this with your choice of Horizon Milk or Half & Half. I have made it both ways and of course I'm more partial to the creaminess of Half & Half, but feel free to use either for your family. My Sugar-Free Whipped cream on top with a little drizzle of some sugar-free caramel syrup and your kids will be asking for this every snowy afternoon this winter!
I can't think of a better way to enjoy the holidays or any wintery and cold snowy day without having on hand the ingredients needed to make a spectacular hot chocolate.
My kids loved this as a traditional hot chocolate but I had some left over so it went in the fridge for the next day. They decided to try it without reheating it, cold from the fridge the next day and loved it just as much! You could even add some chocolate protein powder and call it a breakfast smoothie!
Hope you enjoy this as much as my family.
- You don't have to add any caramel syrup and I've linked to the one I used, but even some sugar free maple syrup would be good here. The caramel adds that snickerdoodle flavor though.
- You could really use any sugar free sweetener you prefer. Just add a small amount then taste and adjust it as needed.
- You could also use 90% Dark Chocolate that would be lower in carbs than using the chocolate chips that I linked to, if you prefer.
Check out more Easy Recipes with Horizon products! Follow Horizon on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest! You can also check out this video promoting #allforweird! You can subscribe to their newsletter here!Enjoy!
Low Carb Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate
- Whisk all the ingredients together, except the chocolate chips, in a pot on the stove over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Turn to low heat and add chocolate chips continuing to stir until all the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into mugs ad serve topped with optional sugar-free whipped cream and more caramel syrup drizzled over the top if desired.