This Keto Turkey Pot Pie is the perfect family recipe for left over turkey or even chicken! It's gluten free, low carb, and nut free, making it an easy turkey pot pie to serve to guests with allergies!
Easy Turkey Pot Pie
This turkey pot pie recipe is one of the easiest ones you'll find! No need to make a pie crust and a top layer. Just top with these easy keto low carb drop biscuits ! This easy pot pie recipe makes life a whole lot easier to feed a family with leftovers from turkey Thanksgiving or Christmas!
Of course if you would prefer a pie crust, use my delicious keto coconut flour pie crust, double it though, it you want a bottom and top crust for this recipe.
Turkey or Chicken Pot Pie
I adapted this recipe from one I made years ago that was gluten free, but not low carb. The filling was easily adapted without potatoes and the biscuits were delicious but not low carb. Feel free if you're not low carb to check out my first Turkey or Chicken Pot Pie recipe.
Other Leftover turkey or chicken recipes you might like:
- Cranberry Turkey Salad
- Turkey "Rice" Soup
- Chicken Zoodle Soup
- Chicken BLT Salad
- Greek Chicken Salad Meal Prep
Anyway, regardless if you're low carb or not, this recipe is delicious and helps use up left over turkey or chicken. Adding in a few simple ingredients and pantry items you most likely have in your kitchen, nothing fancy here folks, and you've got a winning recipe the whole family will devour!
It's simple, it's nutritious, it's comforting and it uses left overs! How could you not love a recipe like that? Unless of course you're not eating turkey on Thanksgiving? Well, then try it with ham? Ham pot pie? Maybe? Maybe not. I'm not quite sold on that, but I have made with with left over chicken breast and it's just as good!
Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!
Keto Low Carb Meal Plans
Our membership is simple. You can subscribe for a month to try it out or you can subscribe for a yearly membership. Each Friday you will get a meal plan that comes to your email. You'll have that early in order to go food shopping before the meal plan begins on Sunday. You will be able to view and print the meal plan and the shopping list. If you don't like a meal, simply delete it and swap it with another meal you like. The shopping list will automatically adjust. It's the best software available out there for a customizable menu plan. Not many other low carb or keto meal plans allow you the option to remove, add, start with a blank menu and create your own if you so wish. Learn More about our meal plans!
Low Carb Turkey Pot Pie (GlutenFree, Nut Free)
Keto Turkey Pot Pie
Turkey Pot Pie Filling
Turkey Pot Pie Filling
- Place celery, carrots and broth in a large pot and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place oil and onion into a large skillet and cook over medium heat until onion is tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle coconut flour over the onion then add in the heavy cream. Stir together until mixed. Add in the broth, carrots and celery into the skillet.
- Sprinkle xanthan gum over the vegetables and broth in the skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce to medium low and continue to stir until mixture starts to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Once thickened, turn off heat and add in turkey and seasonings, taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour into a 9 by 13 baking dish. Preheat oven to 375 degrees while you make the biscuits.
Keto Drop Biscuits
- In a large bowl whisk flour and dry seasonings together.
- Stir in the melted butter until combined, work out clumps.
- Stir in eggs, fresh herbs and cheese. Make large 6 free form mounds and drop on top of pot pie.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.