Avocado Egg Salad Spring Rolls are mayo free and quick and easy to prepare!
Creamy egg salad without mayo, possible? Oh yes indeed! Egg salad isn't just for summer picnics anymore. Preparing delicious healthy meals is how to maintain your weight and your health. Takes a little bit of time to prepare ahead, but the option of eating on the run and ordering take out or drive through choices is not going to help you in your efforts to lose weight.
Recipes that can be made ahead for a few days for convenient easy lunches and ones that require only a few ingredients are the best kind of recipes for any busy person who wants to eat healthy. This recipe only requires the simple boiling of eggs and a few other ingredients and you've got a nice light lunch anytime or even a quick weeknight dinner.
I love me some ripe aovacado how about you? So yes this does have fat in the recipe, but it's a healthy fat and it will keep you satisfied and not looking for junk an hour after you eat this.
Just boil some eggs, make up the mixture with the avocado and leave in the fridge until your ready to wrap them up!
Even if you're not an avocado fan you may really enjoy this recipe because the egg is the star. The avocado just really adds the creaminess that mayonnaise would have provided and to the crunchy veggies inside, it's a perfect combination.
If you're not eating this immediately and planning on it the next day for lunch I would suggest doubling up on the rice wrappers as they are very thin and tend to break.
- Although not pictured here, I did find brown rice spring roll wrappers at Whole Foods and would suggest those as opposed to the white rice wrappers shown. Nutrition info reflects using the brown rice wrappers.
- Obviously you could just add this avocado egg salad to a pita pocket or regular bread of choice , but using the spring roll wrappers is a lot less in carbs than most breads so it's a better option if watching your carb intake. But if you really want even less carbs just top it over some lettuce and you've got a great salad!
Avocado Egg Salad Spring Rolls
- 1 egg hard boiled, shell removed
- 2 egg whites hard boiled, shell removed
- ½ ripe avocado
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ lemon juice only
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup sliced red pepper
- ¼ cup sliced yellow pepper
- 4 rice paper wrappers
- fresh mint leaves
- Dice the egg and whites together in a bowl.
- Add the avocado and mash together.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Mix in the red onion and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl pour in warm water and place one rice wrapper in to soften for about a minute.
- Lay a clean towel on a cutting board and place rice wrapper on towel.
- Place mint leaves in the middle of the rice wrapper.
- Place a few slices of peppers onto mint leaves.
- Scoop half the egg avocado mixture onto the peppers and roll up each side.
- Set aside and continue with the second rice wrapper.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.