Beef Zucchini Burgers with Feta Cheese Sauce is a fabulous and healthy way to treat Dad for Father's day or any day you need to use up some abundance of zucchini you might have on hand!
Burgers have long been the quickest weeknight dinner in my house, how about yours? Easy enough and so many varieties of way to change them up. Serve in lettuce wraps or a bun, whatever your choice it's an easy family pleasing dinner.
While my lifestyle is low carb, my hubby has not followed suite. I tend to lean the kids to my way of eating but most often if there's a bun sitting around they would prefer to eat a burger that way. However thankfully for me my kids love all things with lettuce so either way and they are happy.
They were quite surprised to realize they were eating zucchini in these mini burgers. Sure you can see some green inside but they thought it was seasonings I used. Living with an Italian mother green seasonings, aka fresh herbs like parsley are always in pretty much everything they eat. They've gotten used to it.
They always gotten used to the fact I don't tell them what's in the food they are eating until after they tell me how they liked it.
These beefy burgers are a great way to sneak in zucchini without them realizing it. They all said they loved the flavor so for 3 picky kids and one picky hubby I'd say that's a win!
Seen here topped with little sriracha for my hubby and he devoured these!
The feta sauce is divided evenly among 12 mini burgers. The nutrition info below is for 2 burgers per person with sauce.
Beef Zucchini Burgers with Feta Sauce
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup sour cream
- 5 ounces feta cheese divided
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- optional: hot sauce
- In a bowl mix together the beef and zucchini with the salt, pepper, cumin and cinnamon.
- Shape into 12 small burgers.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees or heat your outdoor grill.
- Cook burgers in a skillet until both sides are browned then transfer skillet to the oven to cook another 8 minutes or if using grill cook 5 minutes both sides for medium.
- Whisk the sour cream and 4 ounces of feta cheese in a small bowl.
- Stir in lemon juice. Set aside.
- Place burgers onto Bibb lettuce leaves and top each with 3 tablespoons of feta sauce.
- Use the remaining ounce of feta to crumble over the top.
- Top with some hot sauce if desired.