This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cake made grain free, gluten free and stunningly low carb!
A thing of beauty, this cake is.
I can’t believe it myself.
I never intended for it to even look this good. Don’t know what or how it came but to be but here it is. Some recipes are like that. They take an unexpected turn for the better.
I knew I wanted to make my husband a special cake for Father’s Day and I knew I wanted it to be Peanut butter, his favorite, but I never intended it to be this decadent.
Seriously. It all began taking form one Saturday afternoon. The creamy Peanut Butter Buttercream frosting was the beginning and it went from there.
And it looked pretty darn good just like that, but then I thought to make sure my boys who are allergic to peanuts, KNEW this was not something they could eat. I sprinkled some chopped peanuts on top as a warning I guess you could say, for their sake.
I’m not a great frost-er, really cake decorating is not my forte so the fact this cake looks as good as it does is beyond me. I’m messy and I’m not patient. Perfection in cake decorating is not something I’ve mastered I will admit.
Sloppy works for me, sprinkled chopped nuts works to cover those imperfections in my frosting skills. But then I thought it needed some other color, it was just…..too beige for me as much as I adore peanut butter.
You know it had to happen.
I’m a chocolate lover. IT NEEDED chocolate sauce, pure and simple and of course sugar free.
Hubby isn’t a chocolate lover but I am so since I’m the one making this cake for him, I said why not!
And then this happened!
Seen here in all it’s scrumptious melting glory topped with my Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ice Cream!
Are you wondering what my hubby thought of this cake?
He devoured it. I didn’t suspect otherwise. 🙂
Happy Father’s Day to all the Dad’s who loves Peanut butter and their loving spouses who make them this healthier option for their day!
- I haven’t tried this with another sugar free sub so if using something other than Swerve, please note that Swerve is much more mild and less sweet than most typical granulated sugar free sweeteners. If using something other than Swerve I would keep it as 1 cup but eliminate the stevia in liquid form.
- Nutrition info does include peanut butter frosting but not other optional toppings.
- Here is the nutrition info minus the peanut butter frosting I used on the cake:
- Calories: 202
- Fat: 16.9g
- Sat Fat: 1.9g
- Carbs: 7.2g
- Sugars: 1.7g
- Sodium: 289mg
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 9.2g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Net Carbs: 3.5g
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Sugar Free Grain Free Peanut Butter Cake
- 1 cup almond flour/meal I used Bob's Red Mill
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup protein powder I used Lean Body for her
- 1 cup powderedSwerve
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter no sugar added
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon toffee orvanilla liquid stevia
- Peanut Butter Frosting recipe
- Optional: chopped peanuts chocolate sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the first 7 dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In another bowl combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry and stir until smooth and incorporated.
- Cut a piece of parchment in a circle shape for the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake 40 minutes or until a toothpick in center of cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before removing pan.
- Once cool frost cake with Sugar Free Peanut Butter Frosting!
Net Carbs: 4.8g