This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A sweet and simple treat made in minutes. Perfect for Valentine’s Day or any special time to share with a loved one!
These are made with only 2 ingredients and all you need to do is melt, stir and dip! And add any little toppings like nuts or coconut, etc.
I personally have always loved milk chocolate. I’ve gotten used to the taste of bittersweet chocolate but still my favorite is milky chocolate and I just don’t eat it anymore. The chocolate on my site I have made is more like dark chocolate as I haven’t been able to get the texture of milk chocolate yet. So this recipe is using sweetened carob chips made with beet sugar and found at Whole Foods Market because it is more of the texture of milk chocolate that my kids prefer. The brand is Chatfields. If you prefer using unsweetened you would need to either add honey or stevia to taste.
You could also just use any chocolate chips you have on hand. If you do use regular chocolate chips you won’t need to add any coconut oil. The carob is thick and needs to be smoother to coat the strawberries so the coconut oil does the trick.
I’ve coated these strawberries twice to get a nice thick coating on them but you could coat only once and then be able to coat more strawberries then 14.
To Make Sugar-Free: Use Lily’s Sweets for sugar free chocolate chips sweetened with stevia.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries [Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free]
- 1/2 cup sweetened carob chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 14 strawberries
- optional: shredded unsweetened coconut chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips
- In a small bowl melt the coconut oil and carob chips in the microwave or in a sauce pan over low simmering water until melted.
- Stir until completely smooth.
- One at a time use a skewer in the center of one strawberry and dip in the chocolate and twirl around to coat.
- Lay them on a parchment lined or wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Coat all strawberries once then coat a second time.
- Sprinkle on any toppings of choice and let set for 10 minutes to harden a bit.
Weight Watchers PointPlus: 2*