This looks like a green spaghetti right, is that what your thinking? No pasta was cooked in the making of this zucchini salad!! In fact no pasta is IN this zucchini salad, although it does looks like it though. Maybe it should have been called Zucchini pasta??
Either way it is soft, luscious and fresh with the hint of lemon throughout each bite!
Now's the time to get your fresh zucchini at any farmers market or any market for that matter. Or maybe you have a garden and soon you'll have zucchini coming out of your ears right? This uses 4 medium zucchini or how ever many you need to make up 6 cups shredded.
You certainly don't need to shred the zucchini, but I find the lemon dressing really gets absorbed so well when shredded. You could easily just slice, dice or use a vegetable peeler to make ribbon style slices. Whatever you fancy, you will love this simple side dish to any summer dinner!
Add some fresh parsley, basil, scallions and even a bit of creamy goat cheese sprinkled over the top if you like!
To shred the zucchini I used a Pampered Chef vegetable peeler with the serrated side. Or you can use a food professor.
Fresh Zucchini Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 4 medium zucchini shredded or 6 cups
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons or 3 tablespoons
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil & parsley
- Optional toppings: dried cherries sliced almonds, goat cheese
- Shred, dice or slice zucchini to equal 6 cups total. In a small bowl, whisk together, oil, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over zucchini and fresh basil and parsley and toss gently.
- Top with additional toppings if desired.
- Keep refrigerated.