Lightened Up Mayo Free Deviled Eggs are just as creamy and flavorful as traditional deviled eggs but a whole lot healthier!
Who doesn't love deviled eggs? They're a staple at any cookout or BBQ in the summer and usually still make appearances throughout the year at family gatherings as well.
It's hard not to eat just one as they are so creamy and delicious! But changing out a little ingredient like the mayo makes this a whole lot healthier and easier to justify having a few.
The kids and I enjoyed one last pool party at my cousins house and so I brought these over to my unsuspecting taste testers. 3 out of 4 agreed they tasted just as good as traditional deviled eggs, but one friend said maybe another yolk would make it even better. So you can decide if you'd like to add that additional yolk, but for now I'm happy with the recipe as is and will keep it the way I wrote it. Less fat and calories. 🙂
Lightened Up Mayo Free Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs hard boiled, peeled
- ⅓ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dill pickles chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Slice each hard boiled egg in half and carefully remove yolks.
- Discard 3 yolks.
- Place remaining 3 yolks in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir to combine well.
- Spoon mixture into each egg half.
- Top with parsley and a sprinkle more of paprika.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply