These Low Carb English Muffins are Grain Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Keto and can be Paleo. Making Healthy Homemade English Muffins at home has never been easier!
Low Carb English Muffins
When I first posted my 2 -Minute Low Carb English Muffin, I had no idea it would be such a big hit! Everyone was asking for a larger quantity so I adapted my single serving to make 4-6 servings in this recipe depending on the mold you use.
For this recipe I decided I'd try standard English Muffin rings I found on Amazon that are 4 inches in diameter.
They worked perfectly and were just the right size for the family. You can also make these using smaller ramekins that are about 4 ounces each and you will have a smaller English Muffin but you can get 6 servings from this recipe instead of 4.
Keto English Muffins
In the original 2 Minute English Muffin I had used almond butter. I tried it with cashew butter but ended up wanting to make these nut free. Below you'll also see I used heavy cream in the recipe but to make these paleo just swap with almond milk.
You really do need to let them cool before slicing. One cooled and sliced, then toast as you would like and enjoy with a bit of butter on top!
The outside texture has a perfect crust and while not as chewy as a traditional white flour English Muffin it is a pretty good competitor for anyone wanting to enjoy a "bread" that's low in carbs and still resembles something from your previous carb and gluten days.
Don't ask me how I achieved those pockets of nooks and crannies, I have no idea, but isn't it lovely?!
Low Carb Nut Free English Muffins
- I made these in English Muffin forms I found on Amazon that were 4 inches in diameter. You can make these smaller in ramekins that are 4 ounces each and you will be able to make 6 servings instead of 4.
- The Nutrition Info will change for 6 smaller Servings: Calories: 234 Fat: 20.3g Sat Fat: 5.9g Sodium: 312mg Cholesterol: 110mg Carbs: 6.9g Fiber: 1.3g Sugars: 1.3g Protein 7.8g Net Carbs: 5.6
- You can also use nut butter like cashew, peanut butter or almond as I did in my 2 Minute English Muffin.
- These can be baked, cooled and frozen individually!
- Heres's another NUT FREE version: 1 Minute Low Carb Cinnamon English Muffin (nut free)!
- This recipe was first published in May of 2016 and updated in June 2018 with a video.
Low Carb Nut Free English Muffins (Grain Free, Gluten Free)
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- 3 tablespoon ghee coconut oil or butter
- ¼ cup sesame flour or almond flour if no nut allergy
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup heavy cream or almond milk for paleo
- 3 eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwavable bowl or in a small saucepan on the stove, combine the tahini paste and the butter and heat on low or 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl whisk together the sesame flour, salt and baking powder.
- Stir that into the tahini mixture.
- Pour in the heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Last add the eggs and stir to combine.
- Grease a baking pan if using English Muffin molds or grease 6 ramekins.
- Pour the batter evenly into the forms or ramekins. I used a little more than ¼ cup in each English Muffin form. You will use less when dividing into 6 ramekins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Gently remove and slice in half.
- Toast as desired and enjoy!
- These can be baked, cooled and frozen individually.
Can these english muffins be frozen?
Yes absolutely. Freeze between pieces of parchment in an airtight container.
I like normal bread shape, so I poured this whole recipe (I used almond butter) in a glass loaf pan and added some extra salt (the ones I made before were too bland). It's delicious! Thank you for the recipe!
Is there something I can sub for tahini paste or where I can buy it
You can use any nut butter if you have no nut allergies.
Is the Tahini Paste used for flavor or as a binder? I am allergic to seseme, and only have peanut butter on hand.
You can use peanut butter in place of tahini.
Can I leave out the Tahini paste and not replace it with anything?
a nut butter would work to replace
Greg Straub (My HUngry Soul)
Just made this and it was amazing! I substituted Almond Butter for the cashew as that is what I had on hand. The texture was great. It toasts wonderfully! Slathered with copious amounts of European butter...it was very satisfying.
You show three different carb counts, very confusing.
??Not sure where you are seeing 3 carb counts? There are Total Carbs in all recipes and then when you subtract the fiber count you have Net Carbs which is shown above.
Brenda, under Recipe Notes it says 8.3 net carbs, above the Nutrition information box. Then below in the Nutrition box, it says Total Carbs 6, Fiber 1, which would be 5 net carbs.
Thanks for pointing that out, no idea how that happened!
Just made these with sunbutter and WOW! So delicious!