Mediterranean Tuna Chickpea Salad is a hearty, veggie filled and satisfying salad that won't leave you hungry!
Tuna Salad got a gourmet make over and you're gonna love it! Filled with a ton of fresh vegetables, herbs and tuna fish and topped off with a delicious lemon tahini dressing, this is a salad that everyone will love and ask for seconds!
My mom had made a tuna chickpea salad that I shared in my What I Ate Wednesday post since I had taken some left overs to the beach with me one day. I knew I wanted to share it on the blog, but also add my own spin to it with a few extras yummies inside.
No cheese was in my mom's recipe, but I added some on top (just a little), and it gave the salad some nice texture compared to all the crunchy veggies in there.
It's definitely a salad that can be a main dish meal and certainly a crowd pleaser. I brought some over to my parents house to see what they thought and my dad dug in right away and really loved it! My mom loved the extras and didn't seem to mind I adapted her recipe a bit. 🙂
For under 200 calories per serving and no cooking required, it's a win for me, how about you?
Mediterranean Tuna Chickpea Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1 can tuna fish in water, drained
- 1 ½ cups canned chickpeas rinsed, drained
- 1 cup English cucumber sliced
- ½ fennel bulb chopped or use celery
- 1 cup chopped yellow or red pepper
- ¼ cup kalamata olives sliced
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- Optional: ¼ cup queso fresco or feta cheese
- Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons tahini sesame spread
- juice of 2 lemons
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large serving bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and toss with the salad. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated. Makes 6 cups.