This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Leeks, Bacon & Cranberries is a perfectly healthy side dish for any holiday spread!
Even if you’re not a Brussels sprout fan on any given day, having this dish on a holiday will make you think twice about why you never enjoy these healthy little bites of green goodness more often. Combined with some mild leeks, sweetness from dried cranberries and salty, crispy bacon and your taste-buds will be doing the happy dance!
Two out of three of my children love Brussels sprouts believe it or not so they happily tried this recipe, except for moving aside the leeks. If you’ve never tried leeks they are a great way to get a mild onion flavor in any dish. Since my children don’t like onions either, well, hence the dislike to leeks. But for the rest of us who enjoy more veggies, this recipe will be a sure pleaser for any holiday table.
Fresh cranberries are not cooked in this recipe, just used to provide some pretty contrast to the dark glorious colors of the roasted Brussels and dark dried cranberries. You can certainly eliminate them if you choose.
With all the other heavier side dishes during the holidays, this is one to make! Not only is it figure friendly, it’s healthy, tasty and pretty too!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Roasted Brussels Sprout with Leeks, Bacon & Cranberries
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts ends trimmed, sliced in quarters
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices low sodium nitrate free bacon
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 small leeks sliced, soaked in pot water, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries sweetened with apple juice
- Optional: Garnish with fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss Brussels with olive oil, garlic salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lay Brussels onto pan.
- Roast 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined dish. Once cooled crumble into pieces.
- In same skillet cook shallot, garlic and leeks until tender.
- Turn of heat, season leeks with salt.
- Add vinegar and dried cranberries to leeks.
- Transfer Brussels and leeks to a serving dish. Toss well to combine.
- Sprinkle with chopped bacon and garnish with fresh cranberries if desired.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 3*