This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Gluten Free Chicken or Turkey Biscuit Pot Pie is the perfect recipe for left over cooked poultry with an easy biscuit topping!
Whether you celebrate Thanksgiving and enjoy turkey or not, you can easily make this recipe using left over cooked chicken and it will be just as delicious. Often when we have roasted chicken for dinner my family prefers the dark meat. The breast is left for me and I always have left overs of it. Freezing the meat is the best way I’ve found to not let if go to waste in the fridge forgetting it’s in there.
The biscuit recipe is new to me provided by a reader named Emily. I made just a few slight adaptions and it is an amazing gluten free biscuit that everyone loved, even the picky ones! I used my basic Healthier Whole Wheat Turkey Pot Pie recipe and adapted from there. I’ve also made the biscuit recipe using whole wheat pastry flour instead of the gluten free and found them to be dense and heavy so I wouldn’t suggest it. The biscuit recipe is perfect as is folks.
Once you make the biscuit dough you can shape them easily into 8 rounded pieces or just do what I did here for a more rustic free form kind of pot pie. I just plopped the dough all over as you see here and let my family choose the amount of biscuit piece they wanted. My little 7 year old was happy to have a small amount and the hubby was happy to have a giant piece!
Top with some fresh parsley and enjoy your easy fabulous meal with left overs!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Gluten Free Chicken Or Turkey Biscuit Pot Pie
- 2 cups diced red potatoes
- 3 cups diced carrots
- 5 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup milk 1%
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken breast or turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot add potatoes, carrots and broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer until tender.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and cook onion until translucent and soft.
- Sprinkle flour over onion and cook about a minute.
- Add milk and celery to broth, carrots and potatoes to pot.
- Stir in onion/flour mixture and simmer until thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients and pour into baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together the first 4 dry biscuit ingredients.
- Work the butter into the dry ingredients with your fingers or food processor.
- Stir in the egg and milk until dough forms.
- Let stand 10 minutes then make 8 free form biscuits and drop onto pot pie.
- Bake 30 minutes until biscuits are golden.
- Top with parsley to serve.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 7*