Roasted Garlic Provolone Cauliflower Rice is a low carb, easy side dish served with any main entree and sure to be spectacular!
When you think of sides to go with meals and you've just started eating lower in carbs you tend to have to get creative with your options. I'm always desiring something that makes me feel completely satisfied, like I've eaten a big bowl of potatoes, pasta or rice yet without feeling the bloat, discomfort or guilt that those carbs make me feel when I'm done.
This rice dish came out of a necessity for a chicken dish I will be sharing in a few days. I wanted something that felt hearty but wasn't carb laden. Roasting the cauliflower and garlic cloves makes this side have depth of flavor you really can't get otherwise.
Adding some chunks and grated aged provolone throws this recipe into overdrive for your taste buds. Truly it is not your ordingary cauli rice side that many of you seasoned low carbers are used to.
Top with some fresh parsley and serve with whatever meat or fish you desire. Stay tuned for my succulent chicken recipe coming up this week!
While it may not look that spectacular you must make it to believe me. Even my carb loving hubby ate every bite off his plate!
Roasted Garlic Provolone Cauliflower Rice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the cauliflower florets with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Cut of one end of the garlic bulb and place in aluminum foil.
- Add some oil to the garlic and close in foil.
- Place florets and garlic bulb on baking pan and bake for 45-60 minutes until florets are golden.
- Add florets to a food processor.
- Squeeze garlic cloves out of bulb and into food processor.
- Add butter and sour cream and pulse until resembles rice.
- Stir in grated and chunked provolone, salt and pepper.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley.