These cocoa dusted almonds are an easy snack to make to curb your salty and sweet cravings!
Are you a fan of something a little sweet and something a little salty? If so, this recipe will be right up your alley. Making cocoa dusted almonds at home takes only minutes and is perfect for an on the go snack!
Raw almonds are super versatile as you can grind them into flour and even make homemade almond milk. The best apart about raw almonds is that they absorb whatever liquid you toast them in. My Toasted Tamari Almonds are the perfect salty snack without actually adding any sea salt at all to them. I make them all the time for myself and my hubby so this recipe idea began with that one.
I'm sure you've seen Blue Diamond brand of flavored almonds. They have cocoa ones, lime & chili, Wasabi & soy sauce, BBQ, Dark chocolate and probably quite a few more I've left out. They are all a great healthy snack choice but if they contain sugar I put them back on the shelf. These can easily be made at home and will be just as satisfying and although I haven't checked the cost comparison, most likely cheaper as well!
When I first made them I used ¼ teaspoon of cayenne and my hubby who loves spicy things actually thought they were too spicy so it's now listed as ⅛ teaspoon but you can of course leave it out.
Sugar-Free Cocoa Dusted Almonds
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon pure powdered stevia
- optional: ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sauté almonds and soy sauce over medium heat in a skillet until all soy sauce is absorbed.
- In a bowl whisk together cocoa powder, stevia and cayenne if using.
- Drop hot almonds into cocoa mixture and stir to coat well.
- Spread out on a plate to cool.
- Store in an air tight container for up to a week.