What could be easier then soft baked sweet potatoes wedged between tender sweet apples. All the work is in the peeling and a quick sauce to brush on them an you are done. My kind of recipe, EASY and Delicious without a lot of work.
This recipe can also be made a day ahead and reheated when you want it. Simple simple simple and perfect every time.
Even if you decide to leave the honey out, the sweetness from the apples are pure delight!
[with Honey Glaze]
Servings: 8* Calories per serving: 121* Fat: 3g* Cholesterol: 1mg* Sodium: 183mg* Carbs: 24g* Fiber: 2g* Sugars: 15g* Protein: 1g* Points+: 2*
Nutrition Info is without Honey Glaze
Sweet Potato & Apple Bake with Honey Glaze Option
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 apples cored, peeled, sliced
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter melted
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- optional: ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peal potatoes and slice them thin. Spray the inside of the baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange them vertically against each other in a casserole dish.
- Place apple slices between potato slices.
- Combine butter and oil (honey if using) together.
- In a small bowl mix garlic powder, salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- Combine seasonings with butter mixture.
- Brush over the potatoes and apples.
- Bake for an hour and 15 minutes or until a fork can be easily inserted in potato. Can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.
What's the easiest way to core apples while leaving the sphere intact for slicing?
I used a pampered chef apple corer.
Hmm....sounds good but what's the purpose of the garlic powder?
Simple enough! Sounds absolutely delicious =)