This beautiful Low Carb Carrot Cake is layered between creamy cheesecake and creamy frosting! The cake itself is Nut Free and Gluten Free. The decorative nuts you see on top of the frosting are completely optional.
Special occasions always require cake and not just an ordinary cake either, it’s got to be fancy! This beautiful cake is everything you need to make any occasion special! A layer of sugar-free cheesecake and a layer of the best low carb carrot cake you will ever have, all covered with sugar-free cream cheese frosting! Friends and family will be shocked when they taste it and then you share this is a Healthy Low Carb, Gluten Free, Sugar-Free Cake!
I’d never call myself a baker. I’m certainly not much of a cake decorator. It doesn’t come easily to me and I struggle with making desserts pretty. This cake has been on my mind to make for a long time, hubby loves carrot cake and I love cheesecake. When I looked around on Pinterest for cakes similar to what I wanted to make, I saw this beautiful Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake from Shugary Sweets and it inspired me to finally get a sugar-free low carb version done! I made it for Easter and everyone loved it! I adapted my Carrot Cake Mug Cake recipe and one of my cheesecake recipes to create this beauty.
The best part apart this luscious cake is that even days later kept in the fridge, the carrot cake never became dried out! All the cheesecake and frosting kept it as perfect as the first day we ate it and I’m talking up to 5 days later, we still loved it!
The inside of the carrot cake does not contain nuts. Only the top has nuts on the frosting to decorate it. So if you have a nut allergy in the family like my youngest child does the nuts on top can be eliminated and you’ve got a beautiful allergy friendly cake for anyone!
- Please weigh your measurements with the dry ingredients which can tend to be different when using cup measurements. Weight measuring is the only accurate way to get the best results and perfect texture.
- There are natural sugars in the dairy products and carrots which is where the sugar grams are coming from.
- Cream cheese frosting could be reduced by half if you decide to only frost the top of the cake as opposed to all around the sides as I did.
- Crushed pecans on top are optional and not included in the nutrition information.
- If you don’t like stevia or use it I can tell you my hubby is not a fan, but I can promise you he tasted no aftertaste whatsoever! He was in love with this cake!
- Please use whatever sweetener you like but only use a small amount and taste it before adding more. You can always add more but never can take any away once it’s been added. The cheesecake layer can be tasted before adding the eggs and you can do the same for the carrot cake and frosting.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup Sukrin Gold- Brown Sugar Sub
- 1/2 tsp Allspice or use a combination of cinnamon nutmeg, cloves
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 oz cream cheese softened or mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla liquid stevia
- pinch salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Place the cream cheese and sour cream in a stand mixer and blend until smooth. Add the heavy cream, stevia, extract, Swerve and salt and blend on high until combined.
Add one egg at a time and blend until well incorporated.
Pour the batter into a greased 9 inch spring form pan. Wrap with aluminum foil and place into a roasting pan. Pour hot water into roasting pan to half way up the sides of the spring form pan.
Bake 45 minutes until golden but still jiggly in the center.
Allow to cool then refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place the first 5 ingredients into a stand mixer and blend until combined.
Add the remaining ingredients and blend until combined.
Pour batter into a greased9 inch spring form pan.
Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
Allow to cool 1 hour.
Prepare frosting by adding all ingredients into a stand mixer. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed.
Remove spring form from around each cake.
Place the cheesecake onto serving platter.
Lay the carrot cake on top of the cheesecake.
Spread frosting over the top of the carrot cake and sides of the 2 layers.
Keep refrigerated until serving.
Net Carbs: 4.2g