This 1-Minute Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Mug Cake is low carb, grain free and gluten free!
When a crazy craving hits and you just really need a dessert that won't make you feel guilty for indulging or cause a spike in your blood sugar, this cake should be on your To-Make list!
One of the best ways I know of and that I have used often to curb a craving is peanut butter!
Peanut butter is a healthy fat that makes you feel truly satiated. It's one of the best things to quench a craving fast without causing you to crave more.
If you've ever had a snack and felt unsatisfied and then went to have something else, never feeling that satiation, you continue to seek it, right? And then you realize you've devoured a bunch of snacks, way more than you expected and none were ever really satisfying. It's a hard lesson to learn and it's not fun, I've been there.
Trying a spoonful or two of peanut butter or even better try this cake and in minutes you won't be feeling the need to be peeking in the cupboard or fridge for anything else.
Obviously desserts like this, while healthy, aren't meant to be a nightly treat, but an occasional indulgence without the guilt.
1- Minute Sugar Free Peanut Butter Mug Cake
1-Minute Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- Microwave the peanut butter for 30 seconds to soften. Grease 2 ramekins.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients in with the warm peanut butter until well combined.
- Evenly pour the batter into the greased ramekins. Microwave each ramekin for 1 minute then check the center of the cake with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, let cool slightly and enjoy. If it's still slightly wet on the toothpick, microwave for another 20-30 seconds.
- To make topping simply add to a stand mixer and blend on high until desired texture or use a hand mixer to whip.
- Add desired topping once cake is cool. To make a layered cake as in the pictures, place some frosting on one cake, then place second cake on top of the other. Add the rest of the topping and enjoy.
- You can bake this in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Nutrition info does not include optional toppings.
- Makes this Nut Free: You can replace the unsweetened almond milk with coconut milk if desired but this will increase the calorie amount. Use sunflower seed butter to replace peanut butter.
- To make this layered cake for 2, double the topping recipe.