These Cheesy Bacon Fat Head Biscuits are gluten free, grain free, low carb and just 5 ingredients plus seasonings!
Football season is in full swing and most of the time, football food is not low carb or gluten free. But if you are anything like me, football watching is not as interesting as the football finger foods! I'm just all about the food!
Finding delicious appetizers that are low carb is often hard when you're invited to a party, so my fool proof way to avoid temptation is to bring my own awesome recipe!
This will be your new Go-To recipe for parties!
I've got a ton of ideas to change these little bites up in unique ways but today it is just pretty basic. It's all about the cheese and bacon. I mean what is better than cheese and bacon? Not much, except chocolate. But that's just not in today's recipe. Sorry folks!
All my bacon lovers might cringe that I'm using turkey bacon here, but to be honest that's what I had in the house and that's what I used and my whole family loved it.
I'm not opposed to using regular bacon either, but I do love Applegates bacon. If you're looking for less fat, this is one of the best turkey bacon is around. My hubby is even a fan and he is the pickiest bacon lover of all!
So no matter if you use turkey bacon, pancetta or regular traditional bacon, these little biscuits are easy and quick and reheat wonderfully as well. Making ahead is a great idea because they also taste great at room temperature.
- This recipe is adapted from my Fat Head Nut Free Grain Free Pizza Dough recipe. I reduced the amount of coconut flour in the orginial to make these extra cheesy biscuits!
- You can use any bacon you have on hand, but note the nutrition info is calculated using turkey bacon.
- I've made these twice, once making them just 12 regular sized muffin/biscuits and once making them mini muffin sized so you can eat two instead of 1.
Low Carb Cheesy Bacon (Fat Head) Biscuits
- 8 ounces turkey bacon
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup coconut flour 53grams
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon until crisp then chop and set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl add the mozzarella and cream cheese.
- Microwave 2 minutes then stir until smooth.
- In a small bowl whisk together coconut flour and dry seasonings.
- Beat eggs and add to coconut flour mixture. Stir to combine.
- Stir this mixture into the cheese mixture until all incorporated.
- Stir in half the chopped bacon and set aside half for topping the biscuits.
- Make 12 biscuits or 24 mini biscuits.
- Sprinkle more bacon onto each biscuit.
- Bake 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before removing and enjoying!