This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Slightly indulgent recipe for after Christmas, but I couldn’t resist. Plus we still have New Years around the corner and you could make this to dip into healthy strawberries or something. 😉 Just thinking about your hosting friends with this lusciousness should make anyone who loves chocolate……HAPPY.
Smear it on some delicious Udi’s Gluten Free Omega Flax & Fiiber bread toasted and you will be in love! Or get some nice whole grain crackers and serve it like a dip! Everyone will love this and will NOT be able to tell no sugar is in it. 🙂
The recipe only makes a small amount and I did that on PURPOSE.
Why? Because having too much of this around is dangerous friends, seriously. Only make enough for a party or you will inevitably be digging a spoonful into the jar every chance you get. Of course if you need more simply double the recipe.
The first time I made this a few weeks ago it was dry because I tried to reduce the amount of oil used. So if you are going to adapt I wouldn’t change the ratio of nuts to oil unless you like super dry spread. I don’t. I like it spreadable and this is perfect just the way it is. Enjoy!
*Adapted from All Day I Dream About Food.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Chocolate Almond Butter Spread: [Gluten & Sugar Free]
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or chocolate liquid stevia
- 1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- Heat a small saute pan over medium high heat, add almonds.
- Toast raw almonds stirring frequently until fragrant, about 3 -5 minutes.
- Using a food processor or high powered blender, add almonds, salt, vanilla and stevia and blend until chopped well. Mixture will be thick.
- In a small bowl melt baking chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave for about a minute. Stir well.
- Add to nut mixture and continue to pulse and blend until smooth.
- Taste butter and decide if you need more salt or more stevia. If needed, add 1/4 teaspoon stevia at a time, blend again and re-taste.
- Does not need to be refrigerated. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 4*