Crock Pot Cheese Stuffed Turkey Meatballs in homemade marinara sauce is a family favorite in my house and perfect for a busy school night dinner! These are made grain free, low carb, keto, and gluten free!
How to Make Turkey Meatballs
You may or may not be in love with your crock pot. If you have been scarred from one too many dry dinner recipes that made you feel like you could never trust it anymore, I can relate. I've been there too.
But given the right balance of time and liquids and you've got a winning recipe for the family.
This is my favorite way to add flavor to a somewhat bland kind of meat, ground turkey. The addition of spices and stuffed with cheese, slow cooked in a homemade marinara make this a recipe your family will ask you for often.
Slow Cooker or Baked Turkey Meatballs
Everyone loves meatballs so stuffing them with cheese was just something that had to happen in my opinion.We are a family of cheese lovers. I've made this recipe with both mozzarella and fontina, both equally delicious. The fontina is a bit more ooey gooey as you will see from the pics.
I've added directions to bake in the oven if you don't have a slow cooker. Either way is delicious!
This recipe makes 2 dozen so you should have enough left overs as well.
Warning: If you have a boy teenager in the house, like my son, you may not have much left over at all. My own son, who after having been sick for a week barely eating, enjoyed about 8 of these the first night his appetite was back. True story.
Other fabulous Slow Cooker Meals to feed the whole family:
Moral of today:
If you're ready to love your crock pot again and make peace with it if it has failed you terribly in the past, this recipe is the one that will help you make amends. 🙂
If you like this recipe, you’ll find many more in my Meal Plan Membership.
Crock Pot Turkey Meatballs
Crock Pot Cheese Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
Crock Pot Directions
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, pork rinds, cheese and seasonings together.
- Add the ground turkey and mix just until combined.
- Roll mixture into 24 meatballs.
- Insert 1 cube of cheese into the center of each meatball. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl stir together the marinara sauce ingredients.
- Pour enough sauce to cover the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place meatballs in the crock pot and cover with remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on high 3 hours or low 6 hours.
- Follow the recipe up until you put the sauce in the crock pot. Instead place half the sauce into a 9 by 13 baking pan. Add all the meatballs and cover with remaining sauce. Bake 30 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink when cut open.