This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Low Carb Pecan Cranberry Brussels Sprout Salad is a quick and easy, no cooking required recipe that is ready in 15 minutes!
Here’s a festive fall salad that’s super quick and easy to make for any weekday lunch or for your holiday menu! Once these little Brussels Sprouts are sliced, the hardest part is over!
A simple vinaigrette made with fresh shallots, garlic, red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and seasonings then be ready for an explosion of zesty flavor in each crunchy bite!
You can enjoy this with some protein for a main dish salad if you like or keep it as a pretty simple side dish to your holiday table.
I’ve been eating it all week for myself since we moved into out new house in the country and topped it with some chicken for added protein. It’s filling and satisfies that crunch I love!
This recipe and these photos are the very FIRST in my new house!
I’m not only thrilled how this simple salad turned out but I’m even happier about my photos! The light coming into my office/school room I’m sharing with the kids is perfectly perfect! Very minimal editing needed to be done to these pics and that just makes me happy. 🙂
In fact there were so many fantastic pics I couldn’t decide which ones to use for this post! I had about 15 beautiful ones and cutting the options down to 6 was tough!
While it’s not been easy to get settled in a new house, still boxes in many rooms that need unpacking, life must continue on. Home schooling must still go on around the boxes and mess. Weekly activities for the kids still must continue during the week. Only now the commute to most of their activities is 20-30 minutes one way when it used to be 5-10 minutes away.
Something I must get used to. And the filling up of gas at least 2 -3 times a week. At least it’s been a bit cheaper where I live.
So while my life isn’t truly ‘settled’ in our new house. My kids are happy. My hubby is happy. And I’m thrilled to get back to cooking and baking! The peacefulness of the country inspires me and “working” at home is much more enjoyable and for that I am grateful.
- If you’re not too keen on raw Brussels Sprouts or have never tried them, I’m here to tell you give it a go at least once. For me on my sensitive stomach, no issues at all. But if you’re still not certain, give them a quick blanch in hot salted boiling water for a couple minutes then remove to an icy bowl of water.
- You can lower the carbs and natural sugar by removing the dried cranberries.
- The nutrition info would be:
- Calories: 187
- Fat: 17.2g
- Sat Fat: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 330mg
- Carbs: 8.6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 2.7g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Net Carbs: 6.6g
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Easy Low Carb Pecan Cranberry Brussels Sprout Salad
- 2 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 12 ounces Brussels Sprouts
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries I used apple juice infused from Whole Foods
- Combine the first 7 ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut off stem of Brussels sprouts and outer leaves and discard. Thinly slice and place in a large bowl.
- Add pecans, blue cheese and cranberries.
- Pour in dressing and toss together.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Net Carbs: 9.4g