This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Mason Jar Broccoli Salad is a mayo free, but classic salad that is perfect for all seasons for the year!
A hearty meatless salad full of fiber, protein and perfect to make ahead for up to 5 days! It’s full of crunchy veggies and a creamy tangy dressing! Preparing this ahead of your work week is the way to go so a healthy lunch is waiting for you in the fridge when you need it.
I’ve been loving making mason jar salads lately. I’ve made a Mason Jar Quinoa Salad and a Mason Jar Zucchini Noodle Salad with avocado dressing and both are easy and delicious, but this one is by far my favorite. I think because my favorite vegetable is broccoli might have something to do with it. If raw broccoli isn’t great for your tummy this recipe blanches first so it’s a bit easier for digestion. Although similar to my original recipe which serves 6, Mayo Free Broccoli Salad with Honey Yogurt Dressing, I did adapt it a bit. I wasn’t keen on having 6 servings and I wanted to change things up a bit with add ins as well as reduce the honey in the dressing, but still keep it full of flavor.
Your starting line up of ingredients and of course can be changed to suit your likes! I keep edamame in my freezer for recipes like salads when I just don’t have already cooked lean protein. Easy enough to heat before adding to the mason jar.
How you layer the veggies is definitely the key in not having a soggy salad. Follow the order listed below and you’ll have a tasty veggie salad that won’t loose its crispness.
Most importantly make sure you start with an wide mouth mason jar as it makes it much easier to mix and pour onto a plate when ready to serve.
Did you know that pine nuts are actually really helpful to providing you the hormone that keeps you satiated? Yes!! SO don’t skip them here, they provide a nice crunch and will keep you happy!
- You could leave out the honey or use another sweetener if desired. If you remove the honey and just use some stevia liquid to taste, you will reduce the amount of sugar down to 10.5grams. All the rest is natural sugars in the veggies and Greek yogurt.
- You could replace the edamame with a lean protein like chicken if desired.
- If you’d prefer 4 servings you could double this recipe or just use the original recipe Mayo Free Broccoli Salad.
- You could change the pine nuts to slivered almonds or sunflower seeds but that will change your nutrition info.
- If you choose to reduce the Greek yogurt and use 0% fat, you will only decrease your fat by a couple of grams. I’d rather have the fat in here and feel satisfied than choose a junky snack later because I was hungry, just saying.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Mason Jar Broccoli Salad with Honey Yogurt Dressing
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup edamame or protein of choice
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
Honey Yogurt Dressing
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt 2%
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add broccoli florets. Cook 3-4 minutes.
Drain, rinse under cold water and set aside.
Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour evenly into the bottom of each mason jar.
Add cooled broccoli onto dressing in jar.
Top broccoli with carrots then cucumbers.
Next add tomatoes, edamame and pine nuts.
Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Shake vigorously to mix dressing and pour onto a plate.
Toss with a fork if needed.
Last up to 5 days.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 9*