These Creamy Low Carb Deviled Green Eggs and Ham are the perfect keto snack or breakfast!
Enjoying a low carb diet, comes with yummy benefits. Rather than feeling deprived on a low carb diet, you will feel satisfied as long as you make sure to add healthy fats to your snack or meal. This recipe is one of those perfect low carb, filling snack or meal that you will want to make weekly in your home!
This delicious recipe comes from my friend Maria Emmerich and her newest cookbook, Easy Dairy- Free Ketogenic Recipes.
Maria, from Maria Mind Body Health, has been on a ketogenic diet for years and has reaped amazing benefits in her body from doing so. She's healed herself from IBS and acid reflux. Not only that she helps so many people who suffer with numerous issues like high blood pressure, metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, diabetes, just to name a few.
This cookbook is devoted to so many of you that have dairy allergies and it's filled with tasty and easy recipes that will help you along your journey whether you're on a keto diet or low carb diet or just need healthier dairy free recipes.
My family loves deviled eggs and this recipe pleased all the picky eaters in my home. I mean what's not to love with a creamy and salty snack like this?!!
I will mention her recipe and nutrition info below does include adding 2 slices of ham which I have forgotten in my photos because we were all just too excited to eat these once I was done. So just please note, her orginial recipe adds ham.
Topped with crispy bacon, chives and add a couple slices of ham and you've got the best meal or snack to keep you full and satisfied for hours!
Keto Deviled Green Eggs and Ham
- 12 hard-boiled eggs peeled and halved
- ½ small avocado pureed, or ½ cup guacamole
- ¼ cup mayonnaise homemade or store-bought
- 1 teaspoon coconut vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 strips bacon cut into ¼' dice and fried until crispy
- sliced scallions for garnish
- dried chives, for garnish optional
- 24 slices ham sliced thin and rolled
- Remove egg yolks and place in a bowl (or food processor). Mash the yolks with a fork (or pulse in the food processor) until they have the texture of very fine crumbles. Add the avocado, mayonnaise, and vinegar, and salt, and mix until smooth.
- Fill the egg white halves with the yolk mixture and set them on a serving plate. Sprinkle with the bacon and garnish with the scallions and chives. Place a slice of rolled up ham between each pair of deviled eggs.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.