This quick keto Teriyaki chicken recipe can be made in 15 minutes! It's gluten free, dairy free, low carb, keto and tastes better than take out!
Keto Teriyaki Chicken
Traditional teriyaki chicken has 4 main components which include soy sauce, sake, sugar and ginger. Making a keto version isn't very hard with removing the sugar as well as the sake. You can choose to use soy sauce if you prefer but since I'm on an elimination diet soy is out of the question for me. My oldest child has had a soy allergy since he was little so we've often avoided it anyway. My favorite replacement for soy sauce is coconut aminos. I think it tastes just like soy sauce only it isn't as salty as soy sauce, which is an easy fix.
Quick Teriyaki Chicken
This is a super easy recipe that can be made in 15 minutes or less on any busy weeknight! I love quick meals for when the days are so busy running in and out of the house and some days we can't sit down together as a family. I can easily make this in the afternoon and everyone can help themselves whenever they need. The only important part is to just make sure you have some thawed chicken ready to use.
Sides to Serve with Teriyaki Chicken
The obvious choice is to serve with a low carb rice option. I chose to serve this over some cauliflower rice and roasted broccoli. You could also try this rice, my daughter actually loves, made from shiritaki konjac rice made by Miracle Noodle. Zero carbs and zero calories and she loves them. I'm not quite the fan and prefer cauliflower rice instead. Other options my hubby likes for sides would be stir fried asparagus, or crispy brussels sprouts.
Super simple and a meal that the whole family will easily love!
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb and/or keto meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Quick Keto Teriyaki Chicken
Quick Keto Teriyaki Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloin (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil (or avocado)
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos
- ¼ cup coconut vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Optional: Swerve brown sugar sub
- Optional Toppings: chopped scallions, toasted sesame seeds
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cover skillet for 5 minutes. Stir chicken and cover for 2-3 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Reduce heat to medium. Whisk remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour into pan. Stir to coat chicken with sauce and cover for 4-5 minutes or until mixture is boiling.
- Once boiling remove cover and continue to stir until sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Top with scallions and sesame seeds. Serve with roasted broccoli and/or cauliflower rice.