This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Chili is the best crowd pleasing party food, don’t you think? Everyone grabs a bowl and add toppings to their liking! So super easy in the crock pot and ready for when you and your family and friends are ready to eat!
You can make this with beef instead of turkey if you like but honestly tastes terrific with turkey!
You can also just make this in a big ole’ dutch oven or pot instead of the crock pot. Just let it simmer at least an hour so the ingredients have a chance to marry!
Top with some light sour cream, scallions, cilantro, more shredded cheese, salsa, avocado……whatever you like!
I have discovered the way to get my kiddies to eat chili, want to know the secret? Provide them multiple bowls of yummy topping ingredients and pass the bowls around. Once covered with toppings they eat it up, even the beans, NO LIE! 🙂
I adapted this recipe from my very early blogging recipe of Crock Pot 4 Bean Chili and I adapted it so much from the original I believe it deserved a new published post! Much better pics too!
Here’s other Chili recipes you might like:
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Lightened Up Crock Pot Three Bean Turkey Chili
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon flour I used gluten free
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1.4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 cup canned green chilie's in juice
- 1 -15.5 oz.can red kidney beans drained, rinsed
- 1 - 15.5 oz. can black beans drained, rinsed
- 1 -15.5 oz. pinto beans drained, rinses
- 1 -14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- optional toppings: chopped cilantro sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped scallions
- In a large skillet heat oil, add garlic and onion.
- Cook garlic until fragrant and onion softened.
- Add ground turkey and cook until browned.
- Sprinkle in flour and mix well.
- Add in the next 10 ingredients and cook 3-5 more minutes to incorporate flavors. Pour into crock pot and add all beans and tomatoes.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4.
- Makes 14 cups. Serve with additional toppings.
Weight Watchers PointPlus: 6*