Who doesn't love a good antipasto platter in the warm months of the year. Simple and easy to entertain friends, just loading up a ton of keto friendly foods like dried meats, cheese crips, nuts, cheeses, pickles, olives, etc. Summer for me is all about easy entertaining recipes, simple tasty sides and practically no oven cooking if I can get away with it.
That is not the case in this recipe, sorry! The good news though is this salad is out of this world! The bad news is that yes you do need to roast the cauliflower prior to building this beauty of a salad. BUT my friends it is so worth it!
Roasting takes cauliflower to a level of tasty that far surpasses any other way of cooking it. Steaming is ok, but for this you REALLY need to roast it in the olive oil and garlic before adding all the tasty antipasto accompaniments. You could use store bought cauliflower rice and add in some olive oil and garlic to season it and this would certainly save some time, but I prefer the oven roasting method if you have time.
Keto Cauliflower Salad
Once prepared, you've got this huge, awesome, totally fabulous side dish for any entree, for any weeknight with grilled meats, for any BBQ party with friends! And antipasto turned into a salad that's hearty and satisfying!
Worth it, worth it every time! Even your friends won't notice it's made with cauliflower, they may ask after they've eaten their fair share, but they won't care!
I brought this over for Fathers Day to my Big Italian family, my brother and his Italian In laws and it was a huge hit! No one even asked what it was made of, they all just dived into it.
I barely had any left to take myself home a serving!
If you feel this salad is just too big then cut everything in half and you can enjoy it yourself all week long for lunch! Otherwise serve it up for company, cook out parties!
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb keto dinner meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Other cauliflower rice recipes you might like:
Low Carb Antipasto Cauliflower Rice Salad
Low Carb Antipasto Cauliflower "Rice" Salad
- 8 cups cauliflower florets or 6 cups riced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces mozzarella smoked, chopped
- 4 ounces salami chopped
- 6 ounces artichokes in the jar, sliced
- 6 ounces roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 ounce mild banana pepper rings
- ½ cup olives pitted, sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place cauliflower florets on two baking pans. Toss florets with olive oil.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender. Place cooked florets into a food processor and pulse until texture of rice.
- If using cauliflower rice simply saute the rice in a large skillet tossing with the olive oil until warmed through and follow the rest of the recipe.
- Pour into a large serving bowl and allow to cool.
- Once cooled add remaining ingredients into bowl and toss together.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your preference.
- Serve room temperature immediately or Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- This recipe was first published in July 2015 and updated with video in July 2019.
- You could skip the roasting of the cauliflower and simply use store bought cauliflower rice but you just won't get the same flavors as roasting the fresh florets.