This easy crock pot low carb, gluten free meal for Salisbury Steak is perfect for any weeknight dinner! Top with mushrooms and gravy over mashed cauliflower for a complete meal!
Once the season of fall hits, Slow Cooker recipes are all I can think about. I want comfort and I want it done for me with ease! Crock Pots are made for stress free living and I use mine in every season, but fall is my favorite. There's just nothing better than doing a little prep in the morning, leaving for the day and coming home to amazing smells of your dinner waiting for you!
Salisbury steak is a comforting meal whether made in the slow cooker or not. My original recipe was not made for the crock pot nor was it low carb, so I decided to do some tweaking to the recipe and make it especially for an easy weeknight meal. It's one of the best of the best meals for a family. No complaints from my kids, except the mushrooms. They all hate mushrooms, but hubby and I love them so they just need to pick them out, no big deal.
I served this over creamy mashed cauliflower. If you've never tried creamy mashed cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes, it's worth your time and believe me, the picky family still loves it even though they know it's made with cauliflower.
Steam your cauliflower till tender, add butter, some cheese and seasonings and you've got a fabulous low carb mock mashed potato!
Sprinkle a little chopped fresh parsley and call it done!
- You could use gluten free or traditional bread crumbs in place of crushed pork rinds but to lower the carbs, crushed pork rinds is the way to go. Flaxseed adds fiber and is really good for you!
- You could skip the mushrooms if you're not a fan.
- Arrowroot powder is what will thicken the gravy. You could use cornstarch if you don't have any arrowroot powder.
Slow Cooker Low Carb Salisbury Steak
- 2 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat your oil in a large skillet and cook onion until tender and browned.
- Add onion to ground beef in a large bowl along with ground flaxseed, crushed pork rinds, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Pour in a ½ cup of broth and mix meat to combine well. Form 8 oval patties and place in the bottom of the crock pot. Top with mushrooms.
- To the remaining broth add the gravy ingredients and stir well.
- Pour this over the patties in the slow cooker and cover for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.