These Keto Easter Chocolate Nests are a crunchy, crispy little keto, low carb, sugar free and gluten free treat everyone will love!
You must be asking yourself what Easter nests are actually right? It's a chocolatey combination of nuts and seeds in a little muffin cup and they look like nests, at least in my opinion. They've got all the textures and flavors that make a perfect little treat. Crunchy, salty, sweet and not to mention they are fun to eat with no utensils needed, just pick up and enjoy!
This recipe is completely versatile as well. Don't like almonds or macadamia nuts? Switch them out for your favorite nuts of choice. Not a fan of pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds? Swap them for more nuts or try hemp and chia. Whatever you decide, the magic is in the melted chocolate and coconut oil that creates this fantastic little crunchy nest!
Easter is one of my most favorite holidays. Not only because of what it represents in my heart but it's the gathering of my family for traditions we started years and years ago. I get to host my family and enjoy every minute of it, from planning the food we'll eat to planning the desserts we'll enjoy. Everyone in my family knows, the desserts will always be sugar free and keto and thankfully it doesn't bother them at all. They may not be a keto family but they all know a great dessert when they try it, keto or not. Some of my favorites I've made in the past are my Italian Egg Biscuits, Peanut Butter Easter Eggs, Lemon Cream Pie , and my absolute favorite Carrot Cake Cheesecake.
Easter desserts don't have to be complicated and this recipe shows that a simple recipe can be just as delicious as a time consuming one. No one will be complaining if you serve these on your holiday table.
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb keto dinner meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Keto Easter Chocolate Nests
Keto Easter Chocolate Nests
- ¾ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts chopped
- pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup Swerve confectioners
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3.5 ounces 85% dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add the almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut, macadamia nuts and salt into a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Break the chocolate into chunks. Add to a glass bowl along with the coconut oil. Place over a pan filled with a cup of hot water, simmer on a medium heat until the chocolate melts. Stir regularly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Swerve and vanilla. Allow to cool slightly for a few minutes but not so it sets.
- Stir the melted chocolate through the nut mix.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Split the mix evenly between 12 cupcakes and allow to cool for 2 hours until fully set. Alternatively, place in the fridge for 30 minutes for speedier cooling.
Jo is the creative food photographer and stylist behind the healthy eating blog, Modern Food Stories. Jo's a testament that once you find the right approach for you, you can overcome chronic illness through the healing power of food. She believes the secret to radiant health starts and ends with a healthy gut so all her recipes are grain, gluten and refined sugar free. Many are also dairy-free.
Do you use unsweetened coconut flakes? Toasted or not? Excited to try this. Thanks in advance.
Unsweetened, not toasted, only if you want to.