These Incredibly Delicious Chocolate Easter Eggs are filled with luscious, creamy cookie dough filling that is entirely sugar free! These are keto, gluten free, low carb and allergy friendly, making them one of the easiest and best Easter treats for everyone!
Sugar Free Easter Eggs
Sugar Free Chocolate Coated Easter eggs filled with a sugar-free cookie dough takes minutes to make! The hardest part is waiting for the chocolate to set before indulging!
I'm always trying to figure out new ways to impress my kiddos, especially for holidays. Easter being one of the notorious ones filled with all things candy, they need to be wow-ed!
And wow them I did!
My kids were super impressed that these Easter treats could be enjoyed even by the youngest who has a tree nut and peanut allergy. Recently I shared my luscious Peanut Butter Easter Eggs and of course my youngest was truly disappointed he couldn't have one bite. He was so sad and honestly I was so sad I didn't have anything he could enjoy too. It made me determined to make something for him and others with tree nut and peanut allergies.
When I told him everything in these were perfectly ok for him to enjoy, he was beyond thrilled and hugged me many times!
If you've got children or family members or friends with peanut and tree nut allergies, any store bought candy is difficult to find without it having been made in a facility that processes nuts. These Easter eggs will bring happiness to all of the sufferers of food allergies and they will love you for it!
Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
You can add mini or regular chocolate chips to the cookie dough batter. Enjoy Life is a brand that makes chocolate chips tree nut, peanut and soy free. Also I like to use Lily's Sweets for their sugar-free baking chocolate and chocolate chips, both sweetened with stevia.
I would love to tell you we froze the remaining 2 dozen I made when testing out my recipe, but that would be a lie. We ate some, brought some to a friends house, shared some more ate some more stored in the freezer and now of course we have none left for Easter! Looks like I will be making a dozen more very soon!
Here's the egg mold I used: Wilton Easter Egg Mold.
Hope you enjoy this fun and easy recipe for Easter!
Keto Cookie Dough Easter Eggs
Keto Cookie Dough Easter Eggs
- 8 ounces sugar free chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Blend the first six ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetener, if needed. Mix in coconut flour, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Press into Easter egg mold, or shape into ovals, and lay on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and butter together, then stir until completely smooth. Pour in about 2 teaspoon of chocolate into Easter egg mold, then insert frozen cookie dough egg and cover with more chocolate. If you don’t have an egg mold, simply dip each oval-shaped cookie dough egg into melted chocolate until covered. Remove with a fork, tapping off excess chocolate and lay onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is hardened. Best if kept refrigerated until ready to serve.