This beautiful Low Carb Keto Carrot Cake is layered between creamy cheesecake and cream cheese frosting! This pretty cake is Nut Free, Gluten Free and Grain Free.
Carrot Cake Cheesecake
Even if you're not much of a baker, you can make this lovely cake for a special occasion. It's not as hard as you might think, but does take some prep work to prepare this beauty.
This beautiful cake is everything you need to make any occasion special! A layer of sugar-free cheesecake and a layer of the best low carb carrot cake you will ever have, all covered with sugar-free cream cheese frosting! Friends and family will be shocked when they taste it and then you share this is a Healthy Low Carb, Gluten Free, Sugar-Free Cake!
I'd never call myself a baker. I'm certainly not much of a cake decorator. It doesn't come easily to me and I struggle with making desserts pretty. This cake has been on my mind to make for a long time, hubby loves carrot cake and I love cheesecake. When I looked around on Pinterest for cakes similar to what I wanted to make, I saw this beautiful Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake from Shugary Sweets and it inspired me to finally get a sugar-free low carb version done! I adapted my Carrot Cake Mug Cake recipe and one of my cheesecake recipes to create this beauty. I made this for Easter a few years ago and no one could believe it was low carb!
Keto Carrot Cake
The best part about this luscious cake is that even days later kept in the fridge, the carrot cake never became dried out! All the cheesecake and frosting kept it as perfect as the first day we ate it and I'm talking up to 5 days later, we still loved it!
But some of you are thinking you can't have carrots on a keto diet, right? Wrong. There is only a ½ cup of shredded carrots in this entire cake which has 12 servings. Now if you ate a ½ cup of carrots that may spike your blood sugar, but in a serving of this cake you are getting less than a tablespoon. I don't think we should free certain foods on a keto diet.
The inside of the carrot cake does not contain nuts. Only the top has nuts on the frosting to decorate it. So if you have a nut allergy in the family like my youngest child does the nuts on top can be eliminated and you've got a beautiful allergy friendly cake for anyone!
If you love meals like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb keto dinner meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Keto Carrot Cake Cheesecake
Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup carrot grated
- ½ cup coconut shredded, unsweet
- ⅓ cup ground flaxseed
- ¾ cup Swerve Brown Sugar Sub or Sukrin
- ½ teaspoon Allspice or use a combination of cinnamon nutmeg, cloves
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 oz cream cheese softened or mascarpone cheese
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the cream cheese and sour cream in a stand mixer and blend until smooth. Add the heavy cream, stevia, extract, Swerve and salt and blend on high until combined.
- Add one egg at a time and blend until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9 inch spring form pan. Wrap the bottom and half way up the pan with aluminum foil and place into a roasting pan. Pour hot water into roasting pan to half way up the sides of the spring form pan.
- Bake 45 minutes until golden but still jiggly in the center.
- Allow to cool then refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the first 5 ingredients into a stand mixer and blend until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 1 hour.
- Prepare frosting by adding all ingredients into a stand mixer. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed.
- Remove spring form from around each cake.
- Place the cheesecake onto serving platter.
- Lay the carrot cake on top of the cheesecake.
- Spread frosting over the top of the cake and sides. Decorate around the outer edge of the top of the cake and add a sprinkle of chopped nuts if desired.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
- Please weigh your measurements with the dry ingredients which can tend to be different when using cup measurements. Weight measuring is the only accurate way to get the best results and perfect texture.
- There are natural sugars in the dairy products and carrots which is where the sugar grams are coming from.
- Cream cheese frosting could be reduced by half if you decide to only frost the top of the cake as opposed to all around the sides as I did.
- Crushed pecans on top are optional and not included in the nutrition information.
- If you don't like stevia or use it I can tell you my hubby is not a fan, but I can promise you he tasted no aftertaste whatsoever! He was in love with this cake!
- Please use whatever sweetener you like but only use a small amount and taste it before adding more. You can always add more but never can take any away once it's been added. The cheesecake layer can be tasted before adding the eggs and you can do the same for the carrot cake and frosting.