This beautiful Low Carb Keto Carrot Cake is layered between creamy cheesecake and cream cheese frosting! This pretty cake is Nut Free, Gluten Free and Grain Free.
Carrot Cake Cheesecake
Even if you're not much of a baker, you can make this lovely cake for a special occasion. It's not as hard as you might think, but does take some prep work to prepare this beauty.
This beautiful cake is everything you need to make any occasion special! A layer of sugar-free cheesecake and a layer of the best low carb carrot cake you will ever have, all covered with sugar-free cream cheese frosting! Friends and family will be shocked when they taste it and then you share this is a Healthy Low Carb, Gluten Free, Sugar-Free Cake!
I'd never call myself a baker. I'm certainly not much of a cake decorator. It doesn't come easily to me and I struggle with making desserts pretty. This cake has been on my mind to make for a long time, hubby loves carrot cake and I love cheesecake. When I looked around on Pinterest for cakes similar to what I wanted to make, I saw this beautiful Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake from Shugary Sweets and it inspired me to finally get a sugar-free low carb version done! I adapted my Carrot Cake Mug Cake recipe and one of my cheesecake recipes to create this beauty. I made this for Easter a few years ago and no one could believe it was low carb!
Keto Carrot Cake
The best part about this luscious cake is that even days later kept in the fridge, the carrot cake never became dried out! All the cheesecake and frosting kept it as perfect as the first day we ate it and I'm talking up to 5 days later, we still loved it!
But some of you are thinking you can't have carrots on a keto diet, right? Wrong. There is only a ½ cup of shredded carrots in this entire cake which has 12 servings. Now if you ate a ½ cup of carrots that may spike your blood sugar, but in a serving of this cake you are getting less than a tablespoon. I don't think we should free certain foods on a keto diet.
The inside of the carrot cake does not contain nuts. Only the top has nuts on the frosting to decorate it. So if you have a nut allergy in the family like my youngest child does the nuts on top can be eliminated and you've got a beautiful allergy friendly cake for anyone!
If you love meals like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb keto dinner meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Keto Carrot Cake Cheesecake
Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioners sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup carrot grated
- ½ cup coconut shredded, unsweet
- ⅓ cup ground flaxseed
- ¾ cup Swerve Brown Sugar Sub or Sukrin
- ½ teaspoon Allspice or use a combination of cinnamon nutmeg, cloves
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 oz cream cheese softened or mascarpone cheese
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the cream cheese and sour cream in a stand mixer and blend until smooth. Add the heavy cream, stevia, extract, Swerve and salt and blend on high until combined.
- Add one egg at a time and blend until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9 inch spring form pan. Wrap the bottom and half way up the pan with aluminum foil and place into a roasting pan. Pour hot water into roasting pan to half way up the sides of the spring form pan.
- Bake 45 minutes until golden but still jiggly in the center.
- Allow to cool then refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the first 5 ingredients into a stand mixer and blend until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 1 hour.
- Prepare frosting by adding all ingredients into a stand mixer. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed.
- Remove spring form from around each cake.
- Place the cheesecake onto serving platter.
- Lay the carrot cake on top of the cheesecake.
- Spread frosting over the top of the cake and sides. Decorate around the outer edge of the top of the cake and add a sprinkle of chopped nuts if desired.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
- Please weigh your measurements with the dry ingredients which can tend to be different when using cup measurements. Weight measuring is the only accurate way to get the best results and perfect texture.
- There are natural sugars in the dairy products and carrots which is where the sugar grams are coming from.
- Cream cheese frosting could be reduced by half if you decide to only frost the top of the cake as opposed to all around the sides as I did.
- Crushed pecans on top are optional and not included in the nutrition information.
- If you don't like stevia or use it I can tell you my hubby is not a fan, but I can promise you he tasted no aftertaste whatsoever! He was in love with this cake!
- Please use whatever sweetener you like but only use a small amount and taste it before adding more. You can always add more but never can take any away once it's been added. The cheesecake layer can be tasted before adding the eggs and you can do the same for the carrot cake and frosting.
Hello Brenda, I'm going to give this cake a try and was wondering if I could use something other then sour cream. I can't believe I forgot it. I want to make it for my Granddaughters birthday. Please help!!!
I guess use more cream cheese but texture will be denser.
Wow wow wow this carrot cake cheesecake is definitely a winner. Will be making this one again
Brenda TY for all your recipes but this one imo is not worth the trouble.. I'm soo disappointed in how this tastes.... it took a lot of work and time and while hubby is a sweetheart and said it tastes good..
It's just OK.....
I made the cakes the day before and followed the instructions. it sat in the fridge overnight and I assembled it today.
I'm really shocked by your comment as I've made this so many times for gatherings with non keto family and friends and it is always a hit. Can I ask if you swapped any ingredients please?
Heidi Louise Kristoffersen
Just wondering how this is nut free when you use cocoNUT ...?
Coconut is not a nut, it is a drupe like a peach with a pit.https://www.sneezedoctors.com/coconut-fruit-or-nut
I have never made cream cheese frosting without butter. Just checking to make sure that I haven't overlooked it. Just need your confirmation that there is no butter............. thank you.
It's accurate, no butter in this frosting.
Hello thank you for sharing!
Can I make cupcakes with this recipe ? Thanks again !
I made a carrot cake with frosting today and it is PHENOMENAL!
My husband and son ate 2 squares each and both said: "2 thumbs up"
I will make with a cheesecake bottom, for a bigger celebration.
Thank you for that recipe.
I was wondering if you can replace the grated carrot with grated pumpkin. I've looked for recipes online, but can't find any that use raw grated pumpkin. There are plenty with cooked pumpkin. Do you think raw pumpkin would work just as well as raw carrot, in cake recipes ? Thanks.
I think it's worth a try!
I agree with your later notes that weighing ingredients is superior and gives consistent results, but you haven't updated teh recipe with weights rather than cups. Will you be doing so in the future?
Looks phenominal. What type of oil is to be used in the recipe? Should I assume coconut oil given the flavor profile of the carot cake?
Made this for Easter, it is delicious!! I’m not a fan of stevia but it worked in this recipe. The only suggestion I can offer is to put some of the icing between the cake and cheesecake layer so it stays together when you serve it. Other than that I wouldn’t change a thing. This recipe is a keeper!
I will definitely use parchment paper under the cheesecake layer from now on; I turned it over onto my serving platter and had to carefully lift and scrape the cheesecake from the bottom of the pan, then patch and smooth it out before chilling again.
Doesn't matter since that will be under the carrot cake, but parchment paper would have made it easier! I'm putting a round piece cut to size under the carrot cake layer before baking also.
How many servings/ slices are in this cake?
Right under the title of the recipe, servings are 12.
Just finished making, assembling and icing this cake. I completed in steps over a few days like a previous poster mentioned and it was sooo easy to make. Everything worked out perfectly and the cake looks very impressive! Can't wait to slice into when we get together with family this weekend. Thank you for another fantastic recipe!
Would it affect anything if I used low fat cream cheese?
No it shouldn't.
I can't wait to make this! I only have one spring pan though - do you have to bake the carrot cake in that or can you use a regular baking pan?
I only have one spring form as well, but did in steps. Baked the cheesecake earlier in the day, cooled, chilled and plated that evening. Washed and regreased same springform to make the carrot cake layer in the evening. After cooling the carrot cake, I wrapped in plastic wrap and assembled with the cheesecake layer today. Worked perfectly!
Your recipes are beautiful! I’m going to make this for Easter. Thank you!!
I appreciate the suggestion to weigh ingredients, instead of using a volume measurement. It would be helpful if the recipe included weights in the ingredient list, in addition to the volume measurements.
Right under all the ingredients is an option to choose Metric, once you click on that it shows all the weights.
Anyone tried coconut cream instead of dairy?
Can I use almond flour in the place of coconut flour & not use unsweet coconut?
Unfortunately you can't swap coconut and almond equally without having to adjust wet ingredients. You can use a sweetened coconut but then it wouldn't be sugar free and keto and you would need to reduce the sweetener used.
Please come up with these fantastic deserts that are sweetened naturally without adding things such as Stevia. I am one of the many who are left with a terrible bitter taste in their mouth for hours... after eating Stevia. I wonder if this recipe would still taste good without any sweetners? Have you ever tried it?
This looks amazing! I was looking for something I could make myself for my birthday in March and this showed up in my email! It must be fate lol!
This looks amazing!! My mom will be starting Keto in April and she loves carrot cake!! Thank you so much for all your great recipes!! I'm searching for a banana cream pir for my daughters birthday, hopefully you have one 🙂
I was thinking that you could put a almond nut crust under the cheese cake. This will make it easier to serve.
Also my cream cheese icing was modified to the following:
8oz of softened cream cheese
1 cup or 8oz of ricotta cheese
1/3 of a cup of cream.
Stevia to taste. Although next time I am going to try Erythritol.
This makes a slightly lighter version of icing.
Thanks for that s great recipe!!!
I would like to make this for the upcoming holidays. You say to weigh all of the dry ingredients. I am missing the required weights. All of the dry ingredients in the recipe I see printed are measured. Thank you for your help.
At the bottom of the recipe you can click Metric and you'll see weight amounts.
How do we know what weights to use when weighing the ingredients? It would be helpful to have those numbers. 🙂